American Tourist Alleging Bangkok Abduction Speaks Out

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Jedsada3 said:

Thailand is not more dangerous than any other country.
That's only due to the people coming here forget to be careful, because of the sun and the cheap cool life they are expecting...

Wrong, the added fact that Thailand doesn't have an effective police force makes it more dangerous than many other countries.

Given the girl thought one of her attackers wore what could have been a bib uniform, then add the response of the bib to the girls media report of her ordeal and its easy to see how ''going to the bib for help'' may not be in the best intrest of locals much less farangs. There are numerous reports of fake policemen as well as real police running scams and demanding tea money.

Besides I normally believe what I am told, unless it is too outragous.

4 minutes ago, slapout said:

Given the girl thought one of her attackers wore what could have been a bib uniform, then add the response of the bib to the girls media report of her ordeal and its easy to see how ''going to the bib for help'' may not be in the best intrest of locals much less farangs. There are numerous reports of fake policemen as well as real police running scams and demanding tea money.

Besides I normally believe what I am told, unless it is too outragous.

It could also be an excuse as to why she didnt report it to the Police .

20 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Nonsense.

Chicks rely on men to supply them with drinks instead of buying their own. They get drunk and throw caution to the wind. They drink more than they can handle and claim theire drink was spiked. it's usually nonsense.  

7 minutes ago, The manic said:

Chicks rely on men to supply them with drinks instead of buying their own. They get drunk and throw caution to the wind. They drink more than they can handle and claim theire drink was spiked. it's usually nonsense.  

In terms of nonsense you're 2 for 2   

45 minutes ago, The manic said:

Let me guess... you were never popular at the Thursday 'Lady's Night' special at bars and clubs back home.

i dont understand why she needed a go fund me to get home? So she was out of money and her family had no money to help her. Also she wanted $3000 for a one way ticket home, what she wanted to fly home first class. the whole canceled ticket thing sounds fishy. 

14 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Some arm chair detective work.
1) Is this S......Plaza?
2) Is this her hotel?
3) Look how close they are. Why didn't she simply cross over the road to get back to her hotel?

Interesting work.Impressive too. I  stayed at the hotel in question as recently as last March for a few days, and was not impressed. Although part of a large chain it doesn't quite meet the same standards as other branded locations. The the front  area (driveway, side park zone, sidewalk) had some rather  undesirable types loitering about. When we checked out, a slime ball attempted to waylay us with a bogus taxi, facilitated by the door people. How he was able to park undistrubed in the prime area, I leave up to others to ponder. Going in and out at night, one ran a gauntlet of nasty looking types.  

My point is that this area, while a modestly high traffic tourist area during the day, becomes somewhat undesirable at night and I would say more dangerous than some of the other tourist hotel areas along Silom. Keep in mind it is not too far from the Silom sex bar zone next to Sala Daeng BTS.  About 700 meters and a 6-8 minute walk.  I know the distance because we walked it  every morning to get to the office. We also saw what it was like in the evening.  I was rather disappointed with the hotel and lcoation. (As an aside, I consider it to have been an over rated, over priced hotel failing at being hip. It attracts  middle market package tour types of visitors, or in my case, people who needed a room in the area smack dab in the middle of a convention when no rooms at the  nicer chains were  affordable.)

This woman is claiming that the "windowless apartment" in which she was held had a balcony that she jumped from.   How would she know that there was a balcony to jump from and how could she get on to the balcony of a windowless apartment if there was no window?  Did she punch a hole in the wall to get to the balcony that, (a), she wouldn't be able to see because there was no window and, (b) would never be a feature of a windowless apartment?  

i believe if someone knows which bar she was partying at that night then someone would actually be able to get CCTV footage of what happened. There are cameras everywhere now in Thailand.

If it was near to Silom Plaza then the Cops could have got hold of the CCTV footage around the area.

Edited by Moonmoon

And they have a Spanish drum live band that plays backing to the DJ. Anything goes there

Let's be sure first before we jump to conclusions. I want to know if this Cindy Fairfield is the real deal or not. Not being nasty to anyone, I just want to know. Then when she gives out the name of the bar. Then we can begin the real armchair detective work. As with other investigation the more people searching the better. Hope she is the real Cindy and can give us the name of the bar.

1 minute ago, Wilsonandson said:

Let's be sure first before we jump to conclusions. I want to know if this Cindy Fairfield is the real deal or not. Not being nasty to anyone, I just want to know. Then when she gives out the name of the bar. Then we can begin the real armchair detective work. As with other investigation the more people searching the better. Hope she is the real Cindy and can give us the name of the bar.

I believe that She is .

Unfortunately there are plenty of sleaze balls around and involved in perpetrating all manners of nefarious conduct.

If you are a drinker and a party hardy person and like the clubbing and nightlife then you are increasing the chances of unknowingly meeting some of those nefarious characters by 10 fold...so to speak.

She was smart not to go to the police because she is correct in her assumption that the police are not to be trusted or...just a waste of time as many people find out while the police simply give you lip service more often than not.

Cheers