Good Bangkok Travel Agent

billrussell

After 6 months, and several thousand dollars, my Thia Wife has her final interview with the U.S. Embassy for her immigration visa for her and her daughter on January 16.

Now comes all of the details - Does anybody know where I can purchase a one way ticket for her and her daughter to the U.S.

The only problem, I want to make sure that, if for some reason, the visa is delayed, I can get my money back.

Thanx in advance.

Edited by billrussell

I have used the following travel agents and always satisfied with their services:

• Majestic Travel (Soi Langsuan) T.026522000
  • Ticket Travel Discounts (Soi Tonson, Ploenchit) T.022538777
  • TV Airbooking (Central Chidlom & Emporium) T. 026448500

Good luck!

After 6 months, and several thousand dollars, my Thia Wife has her final interview with the U.S. Embassy for her immigration visa for her and her daughter on January 16.

Now comes all of the details - Does anybody know where I can purchase a one way ticket for her and her daughter to the U.S.

Don't know what they are like as I have never used them but what about the company that is advertised in the banner at the top of the "Visas and migration to other countries" forum on this site.

Seems you could do it on line

The only problem, I want to make sure that, if for some reason, the visa is delayed, I can get my money back.

Don't know what the advice is from the US Embassy is but some other embassies recommend you dont buy the ticket until you have got the Visa. Couldn't you reserve and defer payment?

I have used the following travel agents and always satisfied with their services:
  • Majestic Travel (Soi Langsuan) T.026522000
  • Ticket Travel Discounts (Soi Tonson, Ploenchit) T.022538777
  • TV Airbooking (Central Chidlom & Emporium) T. 026448500

Good luck!

hi

I've also used Majestic - talk to Khun Onn - she's excellent

And TV Air booking are not bad, though not as friendly!

• 1 month later...

That's silly, of course, but it's the kind of thing you get here when you try to deal with Thai travel agents.

May I recommend an American-owned agency instead? One actually run by intelligent people?

Email Will Herron at DTC travel. His address, strangely enough, is [email protected]. I've used him for the last couple of years and can recommend him without reservation (no pun intended).

• 3 weeks later...
That's silly, of course, but it's the kind of thing you get here when you try to deal with Thai travel agents.

May I recommend an American-owned agency instead? One actually run by intelligent people?

Email Will Herron at DTC travel. His address, strangely enough, is [email protected]. I've used him for the last couple of years and can recommend him without reservation (no pun intended).

I did try Will, but it seems that due to the exchange rates, he was not competitive with travel agents in the U.S. I ended up purchasing 2 seats on China Air via e-tickets and everybody arrived on time.

The biggest drama was the delay in immigration. U.S. immigration has a special line for first time immigrates, and it took her about 3 hours to clear, as their was a Philippine air flight that arrived shortly before her.

Try thaifly.com or saveflights.com, they are advertised on this site and you can pay be credit card, cash or bank transfer if you like. They also offer very good rates...................

I just tried both of these sites, but they were about 20% higher than were quoted here in the U.S. I assume due to the strong Baht, the fares are higher.