Xmas And New Year Eves Parties

MichelB

I travel next week for a trip to Thailand with my boyfriend. :D

We’ll stay in Chiang Mai for Xmas Eve and in Bangkok for New Year Eve. :D

What is the best restaurant or other parties to spend Xmas Eve in Chiang Mai and New Year Eve in Bangkok? :o

Lot of thanks :D

Some of the best times I've ever had were on Soi 4. Very, very crowded and now I am a little too old to really say I enjoy it, but it used to be great fun.

There are really a lot of places and a lot of things to do.

Best of luck.

Well, ok, I am the resident grinch.

One of the reasons I moved to Thailand was to get away from the craziness of the holidays. When I hear "White Christmas" over the loudspeakers at Central Chidlom I just scamper out of the store!

But for those who enjoy the western holidays, I hope you have a good time!

Awww... simple. BRING your boyfriend with you to the sauna. Think of it as a BIG playground with lots of festive cheer to spread around. You won't need a mistletoe to kiss him wherever he wants. Tis the season to be horny. Faaaaaaa faaaaaa.

Christmas dinners at restaurants will be total rip offs as usual. How many turkeys can you honestly stuff at one sitting? If I have to see another honey baked ham with laaab dressing... grrrr.

The usual spots in Soi 4 and Soi 2/1 will be full of celebrating and cavorting boys. Funny how a predominantly buddhist Thailand had adopted yet another excuse to celebrate the end of the year.

If you are looking for parties or clubbing, I think the best bet would be either DJ station in Silom Soi2 (licensed until 2am) or Bed Supper Club in Sukhumvit (which is closed at 1am, so you might want to start early). Also, for breath-taking views of Bangkok, take your b/f to Vertigo or Sirocco for post dinner cocktails.