Chinese tourists to Cambodia up 14 pct in 10 months

geovalin

About 653,144 Chinese holidaymakers had visited Cambodia in the first ten months of 2016, up 14 percent over the same period last year, the latest data of Tourism Ministry showed Saturday. The number of Chinese visitors to Cambodia accounted for 16.7 percent of total foreigners to the kingdom during the January-October period, the data said.

China ranked the second largest source of tourists to the Southeast Asian country after Vietnam, whose 768,660 people traveled to Cambodia during the period, down 2 percent year-on-year. Speaking during a Cambodia-China business forum last week, Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen predicted that the kingdom could receive a total of 800,000 Chinese tourists in the year of 2016, an increase of 14.29 percent year-on-year.

He said, to date, direct flights between China and Cambodia reached to 94 per week, with 51 flights to Phnom Penh capital, 31 flights to Siem Reap cultural province and 12 flights to the coastal province of Preah Sihanouk. Cambodia is famous for two cultural sites on the UNESCO's World Heritage List. One is the 12th century Angkor archaeological park and the other is the 11th century Preah Vihear Temple. In addition, it has many interesting eco-tourism sites, including a 450-km pristine coastline stretching across four provinces in the country's southwestern part.

source http://www.ecns.cn/travel/2016/12-11/237236.shtml

Must mean hello Cambodia goodbye Thailand. People talk and tell each other about their experiences both on and off line. The stress and Thai protectionism does not get any better. The 2 price system against foreigners will not go away, but tourist will go away. The government can sing "Mai chai ne me quitte par" as much as it likes with cuts in visa fees. Tourists will go where they are welcome and appreciated. Something Thailand does not understand. I use to spend 150,000 to 200,000 Baht over 2 to 3 months, but not this year. Next year I will seriously consider Cambodia. Holiday freedom is an important commodity that Thailand cannot provide to tourism.

My friend who lives in Thailand,  visited Cambodia  with  his

Thai  wife,  in the week that they visited,  he  had  his camera

stolen,  then  his  wallet  stolen ,  and on the last day,   his

passport  stolen.  In one week!   Good  Luck  with  your

visit to that  country!  This guy has lived in Thailand for

over ten years  and has never had these items all stolen

in ten years let alone  7 days!  Just my observation.

Geezer