Gold shop owner gives taxi driver 100,000 baht reward after leaving 3 million worth of gold and cash in his cab

webfact

4 minutes ago, DM07 said:

The point was, that I find it strange, that these "feel good"- stories, about the honest taxi- driver, who returns truckloads of cash and valuables to a forgetful customer- mostly a tourist!

The gold- remark was just on the side!

Got it now?

Well now that you've backtracked to try explain it, your words make a little more sense except that no tourist was involved in this one. 

Have you got that yet?

2 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Well now that you've backtracked to try explain it, your words make a little more sense except that no tourist was involved in this one. 

Have you got that yet?

Yep...and now you proved that you can read...here is a part of my original post!

"Aaaaaaah...after all the rape-stories, here comes the good taxi-driver! But wait- something is wrong here!
No returning a rucksack full of cash and some valuable items to a forgetful farang, who thanked the honest cabbie and praised all of Thailand?"

DO-YOU-UNDER-SA-TAND?

• 3 weeks later...
Difficult to believe, 10 000 đồng is about 16 Baht.

Yep, but it happened, I was there.

I left my wallet at a key making kiosk in Big-C in Ubon. It had 20k I'd just taken out of an ATM and a couple smaller bills and an AmEx I could buy a car with , debit cards, other credit cards. I backtracked where I'd been and I approached the counter, the guy acknowledged me, turned around and got my wallet out of his desk. I tried to give him a reward, he refused, he just said to come back next time I needed a key made. Not was thing was missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10% would have been too much to pay for that a..hole of a gold shop owner, I guess... Yeah but 300,000 is a lot of money you know... Didn't have to forget your 3million of gold in the cab then, huh! How many millions d'you make a year? Disgusting! And probably only Thai by the name too, aren't you?