90-Day Report Requiring Proof of Address

New twist: Yesterday, I made my 90-day report in person. It would not be accepted until I could produce a copy (signed by the rental house owner) of the house registration book.

Fortunately, I carry a huge file of all sorts of documents with me on every visit, including my first dirty diaper and my deceased Great Grandmother's false teeth (mark my words--some day they'll ask for it).

To the clerk's surprise, I fished out the very document (saving me a second trip), and it was added to my 90-day report documentation for submission.

I know every office has its own rules and procedures, but this adds to the evidence of a system-wide nailing down of documentation regarding your domicile/movements, and who are the Thai/foreigner beneficiaries of your rental payments.

Be forewarned.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fookhaht said:

Mahasarakham

Is it the first time you have done a report there since the office has only been open a short period of time.

Perhaps they don't have any records since your were reporting to the KK office before.

Maybe you do not understand that the 90 day report is just a report you make every 90 days CONFIRMING YOUR ADDRESS..

So why so surpriced????

Glegolo

Because for 15 years, no proof has been required (including visa documentation, visa extensions, re-entry permits, and 90-day reports).

Before, on a 90-day report, providing your address by filling in the form, was sufficient. No copy of a 'tabien baan' was ever part of the mix.

Why now? We all probably know that answer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

Because for 15 years, no proof has been required (including visa documentation, visa extensions, re-entry permits, and 90-day reports).

I have had to show proof of residence for the 9 extensions of stay I have done.

Never needed it for 90 day reports.

I have been going totally during 9 years now in order;

Ta Li, Chiang Khan, Khon Kaen and now last time Chaiyaphum to do my extensions, my re entry permits and my 90 days reports.

All of these times with some exeption, they have asked for proof of address, which is quite obvious if you think about it..... Therefore I got my yellow tabian baan, and gave copies at all times. No idea to cry over spilled milk, just confirm your address like you should do ands be happy.

Glegolo

15 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Maybe you do not understand that the 90 day report is just a report you make every 90 days CONFIRMING YOUR ADDRESS..

So why so surpriced????

Glegolo

Done reports with a student visa and marriage visa. Never asked for proof. Is this the actual requirement?

What am I supposed to bring with me? I live in my wife's house. The blue book?

11 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

That is correct.
Isn't it strange that one office (KK) doesn't share records with a new office for the foreigners living under the new office's jurisdiction?
MSK has been open for business for a half-year now.

I doubt very much that would dig back through their files to move them to a new office. It does not seem very practical to me.

Your record in their database should show your registered address for where you living.But they may of wanted proof it was correct.

They would not of had any record of your day reports since those are only kept at a local office.

I don't think the office has been open for 6 months. I think more like 3 months or less.

That's remarkable.

In 15 years, I have never been required to show proof of residence (including obtaining a visa, and all the subsequent extensions).

In that time, I have had to do immigration business at Nong Khai, Udon Thani, Mukdahan and Khon Kaen.

I must have an honest face.

Until yesterday.

1 minute ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Done reports with a student visa and marriage visa. Never asked for proof. Is this the actual requirement?

What am I supposed to bring with me? I live in my wife's house. The blue book?

If you are doing a report to the same office where you applied for your extension of stay (it is not a visa) you will not be asked for proof of address to do your 90 report.

The OP was doing his first report at a newly opened office.for where he is living.

• Like 1

I doubt very much that would dig back through their files to move them to a new office. It does not seem very practical to me.
Your record in their database should show your registered address for where you living.But they may of wanted proof it was correct.
They would not of had any record of your day reports since those are only kept at a local office.
I don't think the office has been open for 6 months. I think more like 3 months or less.

The office opened in July of this year.

If you are doing a report to the same office where you applied for your extension of stay (it is not a visa) you will not be asked for proof of address to do your 90 report.
The OP was doing his first report at a newly opened office.for where he is living.

If you report to the new Mahasarakham office, the blue book will be fine. That's what I used for my documentation.

Just make a copy and have your wife sign it.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I applied for extension at Chaeng Wattana and did my first report at Big C ladprao and will continue to go there as it's much closer to where I live. I wasn't asked for a proof of address there, so I assume I'll be ok.... I guess.

Not sure related or not, but our village head showed up this morning with a form for my wife to complete.  Apparently he was visiting every residence where a foreigner resides.  The form wanted name of foreign resident, how long he/she had been living there, and whether working or not.  I asked about the forms origin, ie police, army, immigration? and was told government ie the local ampur.  I live in Isaan.

I have been going totally during 9 years now in order;
Ta Li, Chiang Khan, Khon Kaen and now last time Chaiyaphum to do my extensions, my re entry permits and my 90 days reports.

All of these times with some exeption, they have asked for proof of address, which is quite obvious if you think about it..... Therefore I got my yellow tabian baan, and gave copies at all times. No idea to cry over spilled milk, just confirm your address like you should do ands be happy.

Glegolo

Glegolo, I am neither unhappy nor surprised (your earlier post).

Just posting facts without the psychoanalysis will do fine. Thank you.

• Like 1

isn't a 90 day report .... just a report ... they already know where you live for gods sake .

suppose i am just being over simplistic  But luckily at my local office you walk in hand over passport he prints a piece of paper and bingo you are out gain.. usually under a minute,  unless you are unlucky and get stuck behind a Burmese agent with a pile of passports

isn't a 90 day report .... just a report ... they already know where you live for gods sake .

suppose i am just being over simplistic  But luckily at my local office you walk in hand over passport he prints a piece of paper and bingo you are out gain.. usually under a minute,  unless you are unlucky and get stuck behind a Burmese agent with a pile of passports

You don't even fill out the TM47 form, show the last receipt, and provide umpteen copies of your passport???

I'm movin' to YOUR province.

6 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

You don't even fill out the form and provide umpteen copies of your passport???

I'm movin' to YOUR province

Correct!

Exactly as stated in the 4 years i have lived here.

However I Guess with opening of the border sometime soon we lose this civilised service and be subject to the stupidity of other offices

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Is it the first time you have done a report there since the office has only been open a short period of time.

Perhaps they don't have any records since your were reporting to the KK office before.

A heads up for anybody posting their 90 day reports to KK they won't accept postal notifications any more as I discovered earlier this week when I did my annual extension. Mentioned that I hadn't received my latest notification after submitting it a month ago and that's what the officer told me. At least they didn't fine me just had me fill out a new 90 day form and processed it there and then.

A heads up for anybody posting their 90 day reports to KK they won't accept postal notifications any more as I discovered earlier this week when I did my annual extension. Mentioned that I hadn't received my latest notification after submitting it a month ago and that's what the officer told me. At least they didn't fine me just had me fill out a new 90 day form and processed it there and then.

Oh! Thanks to you and the ThaiVisa network for finding this out (KK immigration obviously wasn't going to tell us until after the fact.).

This new shut-down of one long-standing convenient service must be in response to the rousing success of 90-day online reporting!

Nudge nudge, wink wink.

• Like 1

I did my first 90 day report in Chiangmai yesterday (what a nightmare, compared to Phuket!!!). The officer taking my report (after 3+ hours of queuing), immediately questioned whether I had already reported my new residence, until I pointed her to the receipt stapled into my passport. So they seem to take this very seriously these days.

7 hours ago, poohy said:

You are reporting your address, but it is overkill to ask for proof if you haven't changed your registered address!