Anyone know when the new underpass on the super highway will be finished?

narkeddiver

1 hour ago, jonwilly said:

I use that part of Superhighway about 5 times a week.

I think considering the complexity of their task they have done well with a minimum of delays.

john

Often it seems faster now then waiting at the old lights.

I think considering the complexity of their task they have done well with a minimum of delays.

I have to go by there a lot, and the project has been typical Thai all the way regarding application of resources. In the first six months, "work" was done at a snail's pace. Days would go by with no more than a handful of people on site. 

I thought to myself, "If this were an important royal project or it was wartime, this would be finished in three months."

As far as a "minimum of delays," I don't know; I posted a photo of the construction sign from the site in an older thread (no idea where that thread is) and forget the finish date, but I think it was about three years. They might be "on schedule," but then again, I see no concerted activity that would lead me to believe they will finish per schedule or, god forbid, ahead of it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I also feel that the current road system works better than the previous traffic-light controlled junction. I'm rarely stationary and am usually moving at a fair pace. With the red lights I was sometimes queuing from Rimchok during the morning school run. I hope they don't finish the roadworks.

On 12/23/2016 at 8:40 AM, Trujillo said:

I have to go by there a lot, and the project has been typical Thai all the way regarding application of resources. In the first six months, "work" was done at a snail's pace. Days would go by with no more than a handful of people on site. 

I thought to myself, "If this were an important royal project or it was wartime, this would be finished in three months."

As far as a "minimum of delays," I don't know; I posted a photo of the construction sign from the site in an older thread (no idea where that thread is) and forget the finish date, but I think it was about three years. They might be "on schedule," but then again, I see no concerted activity that would lead me to believe they will finish per schedule or, god forbid, ahead of it. 

You do know that the project is being headed by the largest infrastructure construction firm in Italy - Ital Trevi, don't you? - before you post drivel. They are very reputable and construct infrastructure all over the world and are even currently working on reinforcing the banks of the Mosul Dam on the Tigress River in Iraq. Apparently no other company thought they could do the job.

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

You do know that the project is being headed by the largest infrastructure construction firm in Italy - Ital Trevi, don't you? - before you post drivel. They are very reputable and construct infrastructure all over the world and are even currently working on reinforcing the banks of the Mosul Dam on the Tigress River in Iraq. Apparently no other company thought they could do the job.

Thailand + Italy. Must have been the least corrupt deal ever.

What have they done in Thailand?