Interior Ministry readies road accident prevention measures during New Year holidays

webfact

Interior Ministry readies road accident prevention measures during New Year holidays

int.jpg

BANGKOK, 16 December 2016 (NNT) – The Interior Ministry has hosted a meeting to prepare relevant agencies for the increased risk of road accidents during the New Year holidays of 2017. 

Interior Deputy Minister Suthee Makboon chaired the road safety administration center committee's meeting and disclosed that the Interior Ministry will implement measures to prevent road accidents during the New Year holidays during 29 December 2016 to 4 January 2017. 

This year’s plan includes strict law enforcement, placing community checkpoints, organizing religious activities in every district, and the maintenance of roads, street lights, traffic signs and public transportation vehicles, he said. 

He went on to say that the ministry will also focus on promoting awareness and understanding of road safety practices and will be encouraging motorists to adjust their driving behaviors accordingly.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-12-16

I would have thought most of the things mentioned would or should be an everyday occurance the maintenance of roads, street lights, traffic signs and public transportation vehicles and strict law enforcement but unfortunatly this is just talk and no action as per usual.

1 set up tent in shady spot - check.

2. Ensure WiFi is working for mobile phones - check.

3. Install  large screen TV -check.

4. Arrange sleeping mats for night shift - check.

Sorted, jobs a good'un.

Edited by JAG

Yeah really it is not new year yet and last week did a visa run and I had to pull out near a ditch two time to let big rig go by they gave me the flashing head light and they did not give a hoot if I had enough room to be safe myself but nothing to worry this is JUNGLE DRIVING.