Visa Extension: Do you need proof of exit flight?

Just as a related aside.......I went for 1st time  to Savannahkhet 6 Dec. for a SETV. No problems previously reported so, after queuing for 2 hours, I was surprised to be questioned thus:  'What do u do in Thailand?'.....Nothing...relax!....I enjoy holiday for Winter  every year. 'What is your job?'....... I dont work, I am retired. 'Do u have pension from your govt?'......No pension, I am 64yrs old. I have money from rents in England. I will have pension from my govt. next year.  'Do u have flight ticket to England?'......Yes. 'Show me please?'. Luckily I had it with me.  She inspected the Eticket closely then said.  'I want copy'. I went to the closed gate and a helpful tuktuk driver offered to go across the road to get a copy for me for 5thb. I handed the copy in to her at the counter, no further  questions asked. Visa issued and collected next day.

Though this is my 11th winter in Thailand,  this was the very 1st time I have ever applied for a Thai visa outside of the UK. All previous visas have been triple-entry tourist visas and this year's SETV all issued in the UK. Now if I had been expecting being questioned I would have pointed this out to her and that I always return to the UK for 6 summer mths when she looked at my 3yr old passport with 4 previous Thai visas and 7 Laos visas and all the accompanying in/out stamps. Also when completing the application forms for both SETVs I was unsure when asked on the form how long I would stay and how I would exit Thailand whether to enter my flight to England in 6 months time which would be well beyond the expiry of both SETVs. I actually wrote 'bus'  after 60 days as I always have done on the Thailand 'arrival' form and which is true.  By acknowledging my flight date 2 mths beyond the SETV expiry she is tacitly accepting I will be granted further visas and/or extensions to stay until then.....I hope!

Lesson learned.....Be prepared for interrogation with all possible documents required.

My wife's sister didn't need anything except her passport when she extended at Jomtian Immigration last month .. but then again she is Cambodian and always travels by bus .. may not be the same for other nationalities ..

however when she applied for a SETV in KL a few months ago she did need an air ticket, bank statements, etc. so i guess there are different rules at different locations .. when she applied for a SETV in Phnom Penh it was done in an afternoon with no documents required .. except passport and photo of course ..