Wanting To Stay In Thailand For 3 Months After Recently Returning From A 2 Week Holiday

hi i have recently returned from thailand from a 2 week holiday nov 19th to dec 3rd 2006, i also went on may 18th to june 3rd 2006. now early next year around march i would like to have a 3month stay. is this possible to have the full 3 months (visa runs) or will my stay be cut short due to the fact i have just recently returned ie. will it be 2 and a half months, due to the 90 day rule.will i need to apply for a tourist visa in the uk before going? and will i have to wait 3 months before returning again later on in the year? as i would like to have 6 months in thailand in 2007. your help will be muchly appreciated regards.jim

The new law is "90 days within a 6 month period". A period of 30 days consecutively is the maximum. Each time you enter Thailand it is considered 30 days even if you are only here for one day! Since you were here within the past 6 months, the only way you can stay for another 3 month period is to get one-year multiple visa. Can be done, but you will need bkk attorneys and around 20k baht.

Really? I was in Thailand for 4 weeks and returned in Nov 2006 and I have just got a multiple 90 day visa from the Thai Consulate in Hull (U.K.) and in the notes sent to me there is no mention of my next trip being cut short - to 2 months - and I gave them a date for entering the country - Dec 12th 2006 - and for leaving the country - March 2007.

Edited by tk47

if you are coming after 3rd of march you can stay 90 days (the best get a tourist visa and extend it for another 30 days).

the second time you will be able to come after the 3rd of august again for 3 months

thats what i like to hear here cheers all. jsut a quick point - will extending my tourist visa another 30 days mean a visa run or a visit to the bangkok visa office? which is most recommended?