The face of Thai honesty - yet another superb taxi driver saves the day!

rooster59

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Taxi driver arrested for rape.

Few days later, taxi driver returns cash story.

Thailand sticks to its tried and tested formulae.

Exactly. This reminds me of Thai soap operas - there is only one story. Apparently there is only one hero story too.

Can I just add,...

just back frommthe Park to do my Jogging and Exercises, and 99 percent of the Thais who were there were all very pleasant , smiling to me and saying Hello...

one fsmily even even offered me food, as I was jogging ....

on on the way back, popped into 7-11 for some things, only had 40 Baht on me, shopping came to 42 Baht, went to put one item back and the young girl, said, NO!, not a problem....

how kind is that...

apart from how they drive, I cannot fault them genuine honest sincere loving people...., well the ones that I come across.....

3 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

USD 100,000 for  a three day "sojourn"?

Or a money laundering weekend?

Where did you get USD 100,000 from???

The article clearly states " 135,600 baht worth of Singapore dollars " which is approximately SGD 5,500 Singapore Dollars, or approximately USD 3,750.

Still a lot of money to leave behind in a taxi, but 12DrinkMore if you are only doing your money laundering USD 4,000 at a time, that might explain your eyesight and reading problems. :smile::smile:

Looks like 12DrinkMore  needs 12 Drinks Less :smile::smile:

2 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

Can I just add,...

just back frommthe Park to do my Jogging and Exercises, and 99 percent of the Thais who were there were all very pleasant , smiling to me and saying Hello...

one fsmily even even offered me food, as I was jogging ....

on on the way back, popped into 7-11 for some things, only had 40 Baht on me, shopping came to 42 Baht, went to put one item back and the young girl, said, NO!, not a problem....

how kind is that...

apart from how they drive, I cannot fault them genuine honest sincere loving people...., well the ones that I come across.....

+1 :smile: Same Here

From all the comments here, one can only assume the posters social circles or wives or gf extend only to bars, bar-girls, and the people that serve that industry.

How about get a real life in Thailand and get to know "normal" Thai people ?

Most "normal" Thai people are very kind and honest, especially Isaan people.

Good work,  Khun Laemsak Srilarn.  

3 hours ago, Telecom66 said:

Where did you get USD 100,000 from???

The article clearly states " 135,600 baht worth of Singapore dollars " which is approximately SGD 5,500 Singapore Dollars, or approximately USD 3,750.

Still a lot of money to leave behind in a taxi, but 12DrinkMore if you are only doing your money laundering USD 4,000 at a time, that might explain your eyesight and reading problems. :smile::smile:

Looks like 12DrinkMore  needs 12 Drinks Less :smile::smile:

Yep, you are right and I misread.

Time to visit the optician again. This getting older issue is a bummer, nothing gets better or, indeed, clearer.

I am already drinking a lot less. Another age related problem causing crippling headaches after even a relatively small amount of alcohol.

9 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

In a perverse way this sort of OTT adulation backfires because by having to gush over someone's basic honesty they highlight the fact that it's generally uncommon here.

It's uncommon anywhere and in your country it would make the news.

Thais are generally honest people, despite your constant, irritating attempts to bash them.