Restricted Professions For Foreigners

My understanding of the rules for " Restricted Professions for foreigners " is not 100 percent clear and I wondered if anyone can give me some feedback /advice ? I realise " shop attendant " is one of those prohibited activities - but say for example a foreigner puts up at least the 650,000 THB to start with to help a Thai start his / her retail business. They are responsible for the day-to-day running up the business ( also employing additional Thai's ) Firstly, is it likely a foreigner as a forty-nine percent shareholder would qualify for a work permit for that business and thereby be allowed to be involved in the business - for example to manage the business in the background ?

Exactly what activities can the foriegner undertake in relation to such retail business ? I understand being seen on the " shop floor " would result in being " imprisoned up to five years and/or fined from 2,000 to 100,000 baht " and I understand you cannot do that. But for example, can the foreigner legally undertake marketing and promotion of the business in any way, or say provide

" behind the scene " administrative support - for example looking after a website which

the particular retail business may also have ?

My understanding of the rules for " Restricted Professions for foreigners " is not 100 percent clear and I wondered if anyone can give me some feedback /advice ? I realise " shop attendant " is one of those prohibited activities - but say for example a foreigner puts up at least the 650,000 THB to start with to help a Thai start his / her retail business. They are responsible for the day-to-day running up the business ( also employing additional Thai's ) Firstly, is it likely a foreigner as a forty-nine percent shareholder would qualify for a work permit for that business and thereby be allowed to be involved in the business - for example to manage the business in the background ?

Exactly what activities can the foriegner undertake in relation to such retail business ? I understand being seen on the " shop floor " would result in being " imprisoned up to five years and/or fined from 2,000 to 100,000 baht " and I understand you cannot do that. But for example, can the foreigner legally undertake marketing and promotion of the business in any way, or say provide

" behind the scene " administrative support - for example looking after a website which

You can do whatever your work permit says you can do. You should have a good lawyer.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

You can do whatever your work permit says you can do. You should have a good lawyer.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

may be it's not as complicated as I thought it was. I somehow thought it was similar to the situation for foreign farmers who can only be passive investors in the farm?