2nd Hand LapTop Shop

factseeker

Hi,

I have a problem with my LapTop Dell Inspiron 1545 which will take a bit of my time to repair.

So looking for another of same Model to act as 'stand in' during repair period.

Does anyone know of a second hand Computer shop in Chiang Mai - old models refurbished etc.

The Inspron 1545 was a popular model so might get lucky - so that I can just switch the hard disk and underway.

Best Rgds.

11 hours ago, whimsy said:

Try in the Computer Plaza on the North moat and the upper floors of Panthip Plaza in the Night Bazaar. Several shops dealing in second hand notebooks in both. Also repair shops.

Thnxs Whimsy,

I know the plaza - did not know ref night bazaar - will give both a go.

4 hours ago, jonwilly said:

Santisam has several shops that deal in used electrical equipment, used Laptops are definitely to be found there.

john

Hi,  Thnxs for reply - forgive my ignorance - I have tried to find on Google Maps but a no go.

Can you give me a location for a Santisam shop please.

Be grateful.

Best Rgds.

The Hard Disk Drive of your present laptop will fit most laptops of a similar vintage.  No need for the same make or model. (Unless you have a number of batteries that you want to keep using on a 'new' machine) 

You have not said what the symptoms are and why you think it will take some time to fix.  If the computer is still working, albeit with some sort of problem that you think need fixing, there are a number of solutions available. Disk Cloning, disk back up, one drive etc

What are the symptoms?

Panthip Plaza is on the intersection of Changklan Rd (Night Bazaar Rd) and Sri Donchai Rd.  There is a very good laptop repair shop in there that I have used in the past.

20 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

The Hard Disk Drive of your present laptop will fit most laptops of a similar vintage.  No need for the same make or model. (Unless you have a number of batteries that you want to keep using on a 'new' machine) 

You have not said what the symptoms are and why you think it will take some time to fix.  If the computer is still working, albeit with some sort of problem that you think need fixing, there are a number of solutions available. Disk Cloning, disk back up, one drive etc

What are the symptoms?

Panthip Plaza is on the intersection of Changklan Rd (Night Bazaar Rd) and Sri Donchai Rd.  There is a very good laptop repair shop in there that I have used in the past.

20 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

What are the symptoms?

Hi ScottieJohn,

Thats good information thnxs.

Ran own software house back in 80s - glory days long since past.

But had to learn a bit about hardware - disc based minis etc.

Using Youtube etc stripped down laptop to get to the PowerJack board under motherboard - quite happy it will all go back - was surprisingly easy.

Problem was/is (I hope) simply the connector - but batteries flat and no power to LapTop.

Real question now is if I order via eBay from UK or HongKong - will the board ( it is quite small)  get through Customs??   Cost circa 500 Baht.

Any experience of that - something I bought for wife last year never arrived - still a mystery. ;o))

Best Rgds>

Edited by factseeker
spelling

1 hour ago, factseeker said:

Hi ScottieJohn,

Thats good information thnxs.

Ran own software house back in 80s - glory days long since past.

But had to learn a bit about hardware - disc based minis etc.

Using Youtube etc stripped down laptop to get to the PowerJack board under motherboard - quite happy it will all go back - was surprisingly easy.

Problem was/is (I hope) simply the connector - but batteries flat and no power to LapTop.

Real question now is if I order via eBay from UK or HongKong - will the board ( it is quite small)  get through Customs??   Cost circa 500 Baht.

Any experience of that - something I bought for wife last year never arrived - still a mystery. ;o))

Best Rgds>

Suggest you take it to Chiangmai Notebook Services(CMNS) ist floor up in the middle, ask for Jack.  They will inspect the notebook for free and give you an estimate for repair. 

Edited by scottiejohn