Letter from the British Embassy.

Now that they have streamlined, their word, the payment system so that a PO no longer suffices. What do those of us with only a Thai debit do. Mine is only accepted electronically.

Whatever happened to if it ain't broke don't fix it?

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

i agree entirely   recently went through the same  problems   entered my thai debit card   apparently no good for their system   was offered alternative of bank draft  sent this  sorry wrong type of draft   same with my online shopping card system not accept

this went on for about 2 weeks ( my estimated time allowance for this usually P O   transfer

eventually said this letter was now into critical time limit (immigration wise)

and they issued the letter  for those about to advise on last minute stuff  not good 

i actually exaggerated  time limit   (immigration wise)i suppose my problem is i had to lie to get things on the move  within this now difficult system

i have since read that a UK  card would work   i live in THAILAND   DEALING WITH THE EMBASSY IN thailand   for christs sake

• Like 2

They accept credit and debit cards. Your debit card from a Thai bank should work. What kind do you have?
You can still use the postal money order but you have to call them first to find out the amount you need to pay.

On the bottom of my Thai card it says
Electronic use only. It's a K-SME debit card

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mosha said:

On the bottom of my Thai card it says
Electronic use only. It's a K-SME debit card

Electronic use only is because the card cannot be used like an old style credit card that had your name, card number and etc impressed on it.

The embassy would be doing it electronically by typing in the info on the authorization form. Same as you would do when doing an online purchase.

My Kasikorn card says the same.. Still seems to work online and as a debit card everywhere I have tried. 

Didn't get me a passport, any way I got the letter on trust even if they got the address wrong. I'll call them tomorrow.