101-year-old British man jailed for 13 years for child sex offences

webfact

101-year-old Ralph Clarke jailed for child sex offences

BIRMINGHAM: -- A 101-year-old man has been jailed for 13 years for committing 30 child sex offences.

Ralph Clarke, of Erdington, Birmingham, is thought to be the oldest person convicted in British legal history.

Judge Richard Bond said Clarke had been guilty of "systematic abuse" between 1974 and 1983.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-38367103

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-12-19

His victims reported the offences to West Midlands Police in August last year after seeing Facebook posts celebrating Clarke's 100th birthday.

I tell you, Face Book has got more people in the s**t than anything else.  Post nothing on FB. Good to see the courts are brave enough to dish out justice regardless of age.

5 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

I tell you, Face Book has got more people in the s**t than anything else.  Post nothing on FB. Good to see the courts are brave enough to dish out justice regardless of age.

Post nothing on Facebook ? Or maybe just refrain from committing child-sex offenses ?

49 minutes ago, neverere said:

Post nothing on Facebook ? Or maybe just refrain from committing child-sex offenses ?

Now that's not what I was saying in the first part of my post is it, and you know it full well. It was a tongue in cheek jibe at the number of people that get themselves in the poop with FB. Losing jobs, losing husbands, wives and............getting arrested. There are gazillions of people who do not commit child sex offences get in deep poop on FB every day. I made it crystal clear I was happy with the actions of the court. Merry scrooging Christmas.

Most people that age would be charged with assault with a dead weapon.   

Good God'

The amount of Pedophiles seems endless and let's face it' bet there's loads of them hidden all over Asia and a few in here no doubt. Facebook and the internet has them all running and the more exposed the better IMHO.

Thugs, rapists, murderers, conmen, bully's, hitmen, wife beaters, cruel teachers, bent coppers, cruelty to children and pets, molesters and so on ain't having it easy in this modern era. Who would've imagined we'd be using smart phones on forums to interact with each other on subjects like this. It's became a world of cameras watching your every move. Problems are the same as the past like newspapers exposé though even if untrue - 5h1te sticks. On the internet treble that by Zillions!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Undoubtedly

I can't see this old pervert being seen as an escapee artist like he's been in his former life. It always seems to be the bloody perverts who seem happiest of all. Smile at the world as if there's never anything gnawing away at their bloody consciences.

1 hour ago, DekDaeng said:

Should allow him 'assisted suicide' if he wishes.

At 101 years I would imagine suicide would seem a comfortable means to avoid a fate worse than death, though I imagine he would prefer a less painful end to the one you are perhaps recommending.

12 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Now that's not what I was saying in the first part of my post is it, and you know it full well. It was a tongue in cheek jibe at the number of people that get themselves in the poop with FB. Losing jobs, losing husbands, wives and............getting arrested. There are gazillions of people who do not commit child sex offences get in deep poop on FB every day. I made it crystal clear I was happy with the actions of the court. Merry scrooging Christmas.

Pistols at 20 paces. 

12 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

13 hours ago, neverere said:

Way to make friends Neverie , Newbie.

37 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Lets make 2017 the year of making friends on TV. 

What a crazy, stupid idea  :)

Yes, that would be great. People not trying to pick fights with people.

Mr. elgordo38 , wish that you have a great New Year.

1 hour ago, freebyrd said:

He pretty much has don't you think? The way the world turns he will probably be dead in a few months and will have effectively escaped real justice......

Real justice ............ in the UK?

This one gets, finally, brought to justice. Now if he'd been a politician, sports coach, professional entertainer, "pillar of society" or member of certain ethnic groups the police are shy to investigate in the name of the bigger picture of racial harmony, he'd have gotten off.

14 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

Good God'

The amount of Pedophiles seems endless and let's face it' bet there's loads of them hidden all over Asia and a few in here no doubt. Facebook and the internet has them all running and the more exposed the better IMHO.

Thugs, rapists, murderers, conmen, bully's, hitmen, wife beaters, cruel teachers, bent coppers, cruelty to children and pets, molesters and so on ain't having it easy in this modern era. Who would've imagined we'd be using smart phones on forums to interact with each other on subjects like this. It's became a world of cameras watching your every move. Problems are the same as the past like newspapers exposé though even if untrue - 5h1te sticks. On the internet treble that by Zillions!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Undoubtedly

I can't see this old pervert being seen as an escapee artist like he's been in his former life. It always seems to be the bloody perverts who seem happiest of all. Smile at the world as if there's never anything gnawing away at their bloody consciences.

Strange as it may seems if he were in a care home, he will be much better looked after in the nick, two meals a day, doctor on call, tv, all at no cost to him, the dirty old git!

1 hour ago, freebyrd said:

He pretty much has don't you think? The way the world turns he will probably be dead in a few months and will have effectively escaped real justice......

True, but if I only had a short time to live the last place I'd want to spend them is in prison - especially as a child molester which means he'll be hated by pretty much everyone.