Marriage and divorce to a Thai lady.

TomCL

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

It's views like this that disgust me. 

So being with someone means you deserve something? 

<deleted> is wrong with you? 

What should be disgusting and F wrong are guys like you that don't understand what a relationship is all about.  You think the person is a piece of meat a dog for you to use and dispose after you are done? Maybe you are Thai in general? Nothing is free nor is the grass greener on the other side.  Sounds like you got burn before. This is a good topic for you based on your remark unable to gasp reality of a relationship. I would think if anyone could stay with such a sensitive guy like you should get more than half your assets.

If you aren't sure don't do it or get a contract before. If you were a women would you be taking the same attitude?  Get with the program!

Edited by thailand49

If you do eventually decide on marriage you could just opt for a simple Thai ceremony and not register the marriage with the British authorities. It is also possible to not register a small ceremony with Thai authorities, just be married (kind of a common law type arrangement). Not sure how this would work legally, but it would be very hard to lose anything in the UK (I would surmise) by going this way.

If you do get married legally here, and let's say here (thailand) there was a law in place for a 50-50 split of UK assets, can you imagine how difficult and expensive it would be for anyone to lay any claim on these assets. Pretty much impossible.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

5 hours ago, TomCL said:

I am 59 in February and she is 55. I do love her and I am 99% sure she loves me the same. She has never asked me for money in 4 years. I started paying the rent on our home on Koh Samui. It's just that I hear so many horror stories about beind married then divorced after 4 or 5 months. No kids, full stop. (Obviously)

As the info has marched on a bit, it appears that you are in the UK, she is in Thailand and you are moving to Thailand.

In Thailand, assets that you owned before marriage remain yours. Only stuff you buy after marriage is subject to a 50/50 split, and even that is not 100% certain if you can prove the money was yours before the marriage.

You could also opt for a Buddhist ceremony wedding without the full official marriage at the ampur, which might make her happy.

A bigger problem might be you wandering off-piste when in Thailand. She will be certainly be totally aware this happens often, and will lead to a few problems when she finds out. It can be quite difficult to resist the charms of a thirty years younger woman..... 

As the info has marched on a bit, it appears that you are in the UK, she is in Thailand and you are moving to Thailand.

In Thailand, assets that you owned before marriage remain yours. Only stuff you buy after marriage is subject to a 50/50 split, and even that is not 100% certain if you can prove the money was yours before the marriage.

You could also opt for a Buddhist ceremony wedding without the full official marriage at the ampur, which might make her happy.

A bigger problem might be you wandering off-piste when in Thailand. She will be certainly be totally aware this happens often, and will lead to a few problems when she finds out. It can be quite difficult to resist the charms of a thirty years younger woman..... 

Depends how old you are, if you were 40yrs old then it would be a big problem!!!
[emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On 12/20/2016 at 3:53 PM, TomCL said:

I don't care about things we buy in Thailand' she would be welcome to it. I want to improve her life but it's my home here in the UK I was worried about.

You had the property prior to being married so for Thailand it would not be considered, only assets acquired during the marriage would be subject to be shared.