3BB goes up in flames

Rimmer

3BB goes up in flames

3bb-fire1-1.jpg?resize=666%2C581

PATTAYA:--Much of Pattaya disconnected from the world-wide-web this morning after a serious fire broke out at the 3BB internet center at Soi Khao Noi, Sukhumvit.

Three fire appliances attended the blaze at 7.30am and fire-fighters took thirty minutes to bring the situation under control.

Read more:http://pattayaone.news/en/3bb-goes-flames/

PATTAYA ONE news team 2016-12-23

This happened yesterday morning. Not today.

Great job on the part of 3BB for getting their system back online in less then 3 hours. Was able to get back online quickly compared to my former ISP TOT who would take a few days just for sorting out a short on the cable.

"Fire-chiefs suspect an electrical short circuit is responsible for the fire and work will be done to upgrade and replace equipment in an attempt to prevent it from happening again."

Sure they will...

After my home electrical panel caught fire last month and burned the hidden wiring to a crisp, I just had all the electrical wiring removed and replaced by the most qualified electrician my landlord could afford, all the way from the service pole on the Soi.

After 4 days work, they quickly left thinking they were finished. Looks pretty on the outside, but if you look closely I now have no cable protection or grommets where the wire goes through the sharp edged boxes and light fixtures, no cable relief, no grounds (earths) on any lights or switches, earths missing on 20% of the plugs, line and neutrals are reversed on half the switches, I found they actually reused some of the old wiring, and am missing cover plates. 2 air cons are on one breaker, and both don't work now.

They get away with it here because nobody is qualified or required to check that their work is proper and safe. Here, if it is covered with nice plastic tracking, and looks pretty, it must be good.

This country will burn forever. Just accept it, be aware, and be careful.

44 minutes ago, samsensam said:

my thoughts exactly. you can just imagine it.. the whole country off line...

yeah, sweet thought, and ,i would dare say produtivity would surge also, but  then i woke up  . T I T.

56 minutes ago, sirmud63 said:

yeah, sweet thought, and ,i would dare say produtivity would surge also, but  then i woke up  . T I T.

Productivity would not surge as 3/4 of the work force would be in a catatonic state without access to facebook. LOL

20 hours ago, Gold Star said:

"Fire-chiefs suspect an electrical short circuit is responsible for the fire and work will be done to upgrade and replace equipment in an attempt to prevent it from happening again."

Sure they will...

After my home electrical panel caught fire last month and burned the hidden wiring to a crisp, I just had all the electrical wiring removed and replaced by the most qualified electrician my landlord could afford, all the way from the service pole on the Soi.

After 4 days work, they quickly left thinking they were finished. Looks pretty on the outside, but if you look closely I now have no cable protection or grommets where the wire goes through the sharp edged boxes and light fixtures, no cable relief, no grounds (earths) on any lights or switches, earths missing on 20% of the plugs, line and neutrals are reversed on half the switches, I found they actually reused some of the old wiring, and am missing cover plates. 2 air cons are on one breaker, and both don't work now.

They get away with it here because nobody is qualified or required to check that their work is proper and safe. Here, if it is covered with nice plastic tracking, and looks pretty, it must be good.

This country will burn forever. Just accept it, be aware, and be careful.

Your domestic electrical experience of low standards also reaches out to commercial installations where the innocent public are unaware of the dangers of electrics wired in by amateurs . As you say earthing / grounding are often overlooked or poorly installed and come the rainy season anything can happen . I know little about electrics but enough to get by but in the UK I always use a real sparky for any proper work as I dont play with electrics .  I reckon that the electrical guys / TV members could write chapters on this subject . 

22 hours ago, ezflip said:

This happened yesterday morning. Not today.

Great job on the part of 3BB for getting their system back online in less then 3 hours. Was able to get back online quickly compared to my former ISP TOT who would take a few days just for sorting out a short on the cable.

seconded!

23 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Pattaya has always been disconnect from the world.:stoner: This is not new.

But nowadays you see we have such a vast outpouring of brilliance from Pattaya commentards commentators that the Mailbag section of the Pattaya Mail can't possibly handle it as before Loxinfo brought in the first internet access. Hence the screams from keyboard warriors undergoing TVF withdrawal when constrained to type pitiful short pearls of wisdom on virtual smartphone keyboards.

Difficult to feel too sad, except for their customers. This is the only company in Chiangmai that demanded a 6 month advance payment to install. And that payment is only demanded of foreigners. Sinet was the only other company that would install to my condo beyond the 4th floor. There's no way I would do business with 3BB. I would rather move to a different condo that another provider could service if I had to. Keep on burning for all I care.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:09 PM, Sig said:

Difficult to feel too sad, except for their customers. This is the only company in Chiangmai that demanded a 6 month advance payment to install. And that payment is only demanded of foreigners. Sinet was the only other company that would install to my condo beyond the 4th floor. There's no way I would do business with 3BB. I would rather move to a different condo that another provider could service if I had to. Keep on burning for all I care.

3BB has a horrible service - 7 days after the fire, we still have terrible connection and nothing is being done. Stay away from 3BB

On 12/30/2016 at 0:11 PM, Wallander4 said:

3BB has a horrible service - 7 days after the fire, we still have terrible connection and nothing is being done. Stay away from 3BB

That's a good reason as well. But I would go to any competitor, even if I had to pay more, just because I hate their anti-foreigner policy so much.

Archived