Plastic Surgery advice sought

aussienam

Hello readers, 

I am hoping and assuming that there are several expat readers who have background in medicine and in my case plastic surgery who may have good knowledge and contacts to get the right service.  

I have developed a condition known as Cutis Verticis Gyrata (CVG) that begun over the left side of my scalp and has slowly worsened over a year.  A very slight ridge has formed over on the right side.  It also is evident at the rear of my scalp with a few ripples.  I believe  it was initiated by peptides I had been prescribed by a hormone doctor in Australia as part of a weight loss and health improvement that cause Growth Hormone release. They promote several peptides which are legal via prescription there.  The hormone doctor there informed me that it was possible that the peptides caused this albeit being rare. 

At this stage it is not too severe but the skin folds have thickened and when I squeeze the scalp together from the sides there is evident significant excess skin from the convoluted folds emerging that are slowly resembling what the surface of a brain looks like - i.e. it is ugly.  If I was back in Oz, I'd go see a dermatologist and maybe an endocrinologist and I then assume I'd be referred to a plastic surgeon for consultation.  

I have read there is no cure, rather surgery to excise the excess skin and skin fillers seem to be the only solutions currently available.  

Does anyone know where I should start?  I am residing in Pattaya but am willing to travel if need be to other parts of Thailand.  I visited a hospital here in Pattaya but the dermatologist did not seem to know anything about CVG and dismissed it (was there due to another scalp condition that was treated - not sure if caused by the folds/thickened skin).  

Thanks.