One dead following head-on collision in Phuket

webfact

One dead following head-on collision in Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

1482480761_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers used the jaws of life to free the man and immediately took him to Thalang Hospital where he was pronounced dead upon arrival. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- One motorist died prior to arrival at Thalang Hospital today (Dec 23) after his vehicle collided head-on with a trailer-truck in Thepkrasattri.

Thalang Police were notified at 11:30am today that there has been an accident involving a car and trailer-truck on Thepkrassatri-Naiyang Rd (4031) (Sala Dang-Baan Muddokkhao junction). Police were told that one seriously injured man was trapped inside inside a Dihatsu Mira.

Capt Satree Chuwichien arrived with Kusoldhram rescue workers at the road leading to Nai Yang, about 300 metres from Thepkrassattri Rd northbound to find a wrecked Dihatsu smashed into the front of 18-wheeler trailer-truck.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/one-dead-following-head-on-collision-in-phuket-60362.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-12-23

Fuller report in the PG .. http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Teenage-driver-killed-highspeed-collision-18wheeler/66030#ad-image-0

“Mr Chalit told us he was driving on Thepkrasattri Road and had just turned left at the junction, when Mr Suwan turned onto the same road at a very high speed. Mr Suwan then lost control of his car, crossed over into the adjoining lane and crashed into his truck,” said Capt Chatree. 

It' a dihatsu mira convertable now.the minimum age for a Thai driver should be over 40yrs.my friends wife had over 50 driving lessons in the uk and still can't drive.my wife wants a BMW,Vespa and is a road death waiting to happen.ive got her a 5,000'baht death trap of a scooter.i said if you last a year ill get you a Vespa,if you last a year after that I'll get you a BMW...don't worry I know I'm going to win,she is absolutely clueless to the rules of the road.i must  get her insurance upgraded so I can get the BMW soon.

4 minutes ago, The man from udon said:

It' a dihatsu mira convertable now.the minimum age for a Thai driver should be over 40yrs.my friends wife had over 50 driving lessons in the uk and still can't drive.my wife wants a BMW,Vespa and is a road death waiting to happen.ive got her a 5,000'baht death trap of a scooter.i said if you last a year ill get you a Vespa,if you last a year after that I'll get you a BMW...don't worry I know I'm going to win,she is absolutely clueless to the rules of the road.i must  get her insurance upgraded so I can get the BMW soon.

"my friends wife had over 50 driving lessons in the uk and still can't drive" - probably because she kept the money and didn't take the lessons.  :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

"my friends wife had over 50 driving lessons in the uk and still can't drive" - probably because she kept the money and didn't take the lessons.  :biggrin:

Yes I would normally think the same thing but she has a good business in the uk and is the bread winner in the partnership.he sits around drinking and watching football and she flies back n forth all the time.she drives out here but you can be deaf and blind and still get a license here.

Somehow I survived those years. I am still amazed that I did. I am a friend of this family and you can hardly begin to understand their agony as they lost their only child. They got him the car with the belief that it was safer than his motor bike. They will never be the same.

RIP

15 minutes ago, captnhoy said:

Somehow I survived those years. I am still amazed that I did. I am a friend of this family and you can hardly begin to understand their agony as they lost their only child. They got him the car with the belief that it was safer than his motor bike. They will never be the same.

RIP

You have just confirmed what I was saying to my wife this morning. Parents likely bought as a m/bike was just too dangerous.  Mind you a tricked out Mira might be better/safer than the m/bike, but in the hands of a very young man ???

Edit ... I had just turned 17 and drove an old Triumph TR3 soft top (legal at 17 in the UK). I survived and now 50 years later  I still drive a 2 seater soft top.

Just now, LivinginKata said:

You have just confirmed what I was saying to my wife this morning. Parents likely bought as a m/bike was just too dangerous.  Mind you a tricked out Mira is might be better/safer than the m/bike, but in the hands of a very young man ???

Too true. Only as safe as the wild child operating it. He was a sweet kid if you can imagine that of an 18 yo. I have sometimes deluded myself that riding my own motorbike is "safer" because it is so maneuverable. I will say that I am hyper defensive on it. 

On 24/12/2016 at 1:48 PM, LivinginKata said:

You have just confirmed what I was saying to my wife this morning. Parents likely bought as a m/bike was just too dangerous.  Mind you a tricked out Mira might be better/safer than the m/bike, but in the hands of a very young man ???

Edit ... I had just turned 17 and drove an old Triumph TR3 soft top (legal at 17 in the UK). I survived and now 50 years later  I still drive a 2 seater soft top.

Off topic I know...... also had a TR3a.

Bit of a rust bucket and the gear box blew. All thanks to wonderful craftsmanship of Red Robbo and his red friends in Leyland. 

Great cars put together by monkeys. 

Archived