inflatable penile implant surgeon/hospital?

CHbsa

My AMS LGX, implanted about five years ago in the U.S., recently stopped working . I need a revision and am wondering if anyone can recommend a good implant revision surgeon in Bangkok?  Revisions are somewhat of a specialty, and there are a couple of surgeons in the U.S, who are well known for doing them. However, I would like to save some money by having it done here in Bangkok, but I don't want to trust it to just any run of the mill implant surgeon. Thanks....

• 1 month later...

Just to update on this. Quote from Bumrangrad Hospital for penile implant is 254,000 to 290,000 baht. Two to three days in hospital. Stay in Bangkok recommendation one week. Doctor recommended by Bumrangrad is Kavirach Tantiwongse, but I notice Sheryl recommends Premsant Sangkum, I dont know if one is better than the other. Hope this helps anyone interested in this procedure.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to add two pennies worth of advice

In the last 18 mths I probably have seen more doctors than most, some wonderful ones and some terrible ones who left me to sort out their messes

If you have the Ferrari , and the money that goes with it and you give it to the local inexperienced guy he may well **** it up, you need to go to the experienced man, there is a possibility, the manufacturer of the medical equipment might be able to recommend a surgeon in India and save you money. India has a lot of very high quality surgeons and doctors

I recently had surgery in India, Holep, they were very good, another TV member is also following my path shortly on Holep surgery in India

I do not these days drive the Ferrari, (20 years ago yes !) just a basic Toyota Hilux, I asked the local body shop to change the oil, I gave them the oil and filter, they drained the transmission fluid, ! ! ! ! !  into a mud filled pot, and when I was ranting and screaming at them, they wanted to put the dirty and contaminated fluid, back in the gear box,  needless to say I called the Toyota garage, and paid for my thriftiness greatly, but maybe I do oil changes myself in future

When you part is serviced you will probably be out cold and have no say in what happens !

I was only trying to pass a little money round the locals and of course when I asked can you do this I got the very normal Thai response a smiling yes, I know today very few Thais will ever say sorry can not do that, because they consider it a loss of face

This is Thailand my friend be very careful especially with your special friend and you need a special person to sort your very special friend

Good luck

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have emailed almost all hospitals in south east Asia regarding penile implant surgery, and just a wave of negative replies! With Bumrangrad being the only one showing interest that I have found, even they seem to be wary of the procedure. When I am in Thailand next, I will pay them a visit, but the blue ribbon clinic in India does seem like a viable choice. I have emailed them for a quote. I know many hospitals and clinics do this surgery in India, but a recommendation, plus their excellent website, puts them firmly at number one choice so far!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, teddog said:

Just got back from India after Holep,mightly impressed

Maybe you could share more specifically, where did you go, how much did it cost, how long were you in hospital, and the name of your surgeon

13 hours ago, al007 said:

Maybe you could share more specifically, where did you go, how much did it cost, how long were you in hospital, and the name of your surgeon

Did post under "Prostate surgery" a week or so ago,had it done in India,not the thread here so Ill re-fresh it

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/04/2017 at 2:59 PM, defib said:

I have emailed almost all hospitals in south east Asia regarding penile implant surgery, and just a wave of negative replies! With Bumrangrad being the only one showing interest that I have found, even they seem to be wary of the procedure. When I am in Thailand next, I will pay them a visit, but the blue ribbon clinic in India does seem like a viable choice. I have emailed them for a quote. I know many hospitals and clinics do this surgery in India, but a recommendation, plus their excellent website, puts them firmly at number one choice so far!

I have been searching for information on implants for some time with no luck  (sex change ) plenty of info  so i emailed your recommended surgeon in india today  for an estimates on the cost of implants . hopefully not too expensive.

30 minutes ago, james6 said:

I have been searching for information on implants for some time with no luck  (sex change ) plenty of info  so i emailed your recommended surgeon in india today  for an estimates on the cost of implants . hopefully not too expensive.

Let us know how you get on

I like Dr Ashi, he is USA trained, he is also negotiable on price !!, especially dollar bills

53 minutes ago, al007 said:

Let us know how you get on

I like Dr Ashi, he is USA trained, he is also negotiable on price !!, especially dollar bills

I dident know India was so advanced and it seems way in front of Thailand in this sector. A lot of men dont like it known that they have a problem and it was by chance i saw your post although i have been searching for quite a while. It seems Thailand caters more for those who want a sex change or plastic surgery false boobs and and nose jobs and mens problems.are ignored . I hope this is something i can afford as it would make such a difference to my life here in Thailand and i think my wife would also appreciate the difference it would make .  

9 minutes ago, james6 said:

I dident know India was so advanced and it seems way in front of Thailand in this sector. A lot of men dont like it known that they have a problem and it was by chance i saw your post although i have been searching for quite a while. It seems Thailand caters more for those who want a sex change or plastic surgery false boobs and and nose jobs and mens problems.are ignored . I hope this is something i can afford as it would make such a difference to my life here in Thailand and i think my wife would also appreciate the difference it would make .  

Thailands beyond a joke when it comes to pricing.   Get some quotes  'penile whatever India'   Chennai is a good choice, but flying season is over, monsoon is almost on them, wait until Oct for cheap flights

My quotes from Dr Sabhaewal at the Blue Ribbon clinic in India are as follows. The basic but workable malleable penile implant, $5000. The three piece implant was priced at $12400. With the recommendation of quality for the clinic, the prices seem very good! 

11 hours ago, defib said:

My quotes from Dr Sabhaewal at the Blue Ribbon clinic in India are as follows. The basic but workable malleable penile implant, $5000. The three piece implant was priced at $12400. With the recommendation of quality for the clinic, the prices seem very good! 

I had prostate surgery Holep done by doctor Ashi, I was very happy and felt he is a competent surgeon, another friend through TV also had holep surgery and had a more difficult time than me but is today now very happy with the outcome

However I am unable to comment on the inplant surgery, but believe Dr Ashi will be very competent and not do what he does not fully understand

• 1 year later...

I had three piece AMS penile implant fitted in the Blie Ribbon Clinic in India two weeks ago. The overall cost about 410,000 baht. Sadly as arrived back in Bangkok, it had got infected and am spending nearly double that having the device removed and fighting the bacterial infectionthat had taken hold! It has been a total disaster all round. If I could only turn the clock back.....

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 2:20 AM, defib said:

I had three piece AMS penile implant fitted in the Blie Ribbon Clinic in India two weeks ago. The overall cost about 410,000 baht. Sadly as arrived back in Bangkok, it had got infected and am spending nearly double that having the device removed and fighting the bacterial infectionthat had taken hold! It has been a total disaster all round. If I could only turn the clock back.....

Wow that's really a bummer.

How are you doing now nearly a month later?

Are the hospital in India prepared to take some of the responsibilty? (I suppose that's a silly question, but worth asking)

• 1 month later...

Just an update on this. I did not try for compensation from India. I have returned to the UK and seen a Urology Consultant. He is from India working here, and said up to 60% of implants fitted in India get bacterial infections! He is putting me through the NHS to repair the damage caused by the infection. It will take several operations, and at the end an implant has to be fitted again as no natural feeling can return now. I saw the consultant privately and am lucky he is putting me through the NHS here,  at the top hospital for this type of  repair surgery in the UK. Looking back, Bumrangrad Hospital did penile implants, and having spent almost all of last June in Bumrangrad, their standards of hygiene were first class. They were about 60% more expensive on penile implants than India, but obviously in the long run, would have been a cheaper and far better choice, than India was for me.