Upper part of Thailand still affected by cold weather

webfact

Upper part of Thailand still affected by cold weather

BANGKOK, 26 December 2016 (NNT) – Cold weather continues to affect the northern and northeastern regions with thick fog in some areas. Many units travels to the affected areas to hand out blankets. 

Provincial Governor of Bueng Kan Phisut Busayaphanphong on Sunday led representatives of government units to give 100 sets of supplies and 100 blankets to people at Ban Nong Hua Chang School. Throughout last week, the province was affected by rapidly changing weather conditions. Provincial public health officers went to various areas in the province to give advice on how to take care of oneself during cold weather to senior people. 

Deputy Commander of the Royal Thai Armed Forces Gen.Kritsada Areeratchakul gave 900 blankets to the chief of Mae Fah Luang district in Chiang Rai province. The blankets will be handed out to hill tribe people who have been affected by the cold weather and former veterans. 

The Meteorological Department has reported that cold weather will continue in the northern and northeastern especially in the morning. Commuters are advised to be more careful while driving in thick fog. The lower part of the southern region will have less rain due to the weaker northeastern monsoon.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-12-26

I hereby predict that the cold weather may continue for another two months, especially at night when the Sun will be invisible, after which it will grow warmer, but with a continuing low risk of flooding or landslides here in the North. The water in the dams will evaporate or be released, for farming purposes, and the level remaining will go down. :unsure:

Do I win a prize, say a government-quango of my own ? :cool:

...  and a Merry Christmas to everyone on TV, and indeed in Thailand, where the farang New Year is hereby forecast to start shortly  !

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

I hereby predict that the cold weather may continue for another two months, especially at night when the Sun will be invisible, after which it will grow warmer, but with a continuing low risk of flooding or landslides here in the North. The water in the dams will evaporate or be released, for farming purposes, and the level remaining will go down. :unsure:

Do I win a prize, say a government-quango of my own ? :cool:

...  and a Merry Christmas to everyone on TV, and indeed in Thailand, where the farang New Year is hereby forecast to start shortly  !

I think the weather is slowly changing globally and will continue to do so. With regard to seasons that is.

Merry Christmas to you too and a happy new year. 

Edited by lord john
Typo

7 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I live about as far north as you can get in Thailand and at about 700 meters elevation.  It has been a very mild winter so far. 12 degrees was the coldest. But winter is coming and those blankets will be appreciated.

I wonder if you live further north than Maechan , that is only 30 mins away from Myanmar and indeed it has been very mild here so far , this time last year I was drinking beer with my gloves on.