Cats on trains?

FritzB

Hi,

I have three cats and need to travel from Bangkok to Padang Besar (border crossing to Malaysia). I'd prefer to travel by train. Do they accept cats (in crates)?

I'd also be OK going by train from Bkk to Hat Yai, if that's easier (1st class available and whatnot). I can always get a private van from Hat Yai to Malaysia.

Thank you :)

Are you sure you want to put 3 cats on a Thai train for such a long voyage ?

Thai trains are slow , loud . Don't know whether they accept cats in aircon second ( or first)  class and 3rd class is aweful even for humans .

Do you have documents for the cats to cross the border. Once over the border do you have transport ? Are you going alone ... 3 cats in crates and maybe some lugage ...

2 hours ago, FlorC said:

Are you sure you want to put 3 cats on a Thai train for such a long voyage ?

Thai trains are slow , loud . Don't know whether they accept cats in aircon second ( or first)  class and 3rd class is aweful even for humans .

Do you have documents for the cats to cross the border. Once over the border do you have transport ? Are you going alone ... 3 cats in crates and maybe some lugage ...

All's sorted out paperwork & transportation wise.

Just need to know if I can bring my cats or not. We'd be OK in a 1st class cabin of our own (Bkk - Hat Yai).