Thai Visas

I have visited Thailand for many years now...mostly 1-4 months at a time using single entry visas and dual 60 day visas. I am now considering in october (2017) to come and stay (as a visitor) for 6 months. I have thai bank accounts that have been active for 6 years now.
Is there a visa or anything that would allow me to stay in Thailand for up to 6 months without having to due visa runs. I will be 66 years of age at that time. i am retired. 

To my knowledge Non immigrant O-A VISA is the only option VISA-vise.. You buy that in your own homeland where you live...

You can of course get a Non Immigrant O-VISA and extend it here inside Thailand into an extension of stay based on retirement with all the demands there are.

But the proffessionals will soon join and inform you.

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

as glegolo posted,

either a single entry non imm 'O' visa which gives a 90 day permission to stay stamp and then in the last 30 days of that stamp obtain a year extension at local immigration (1,900 baht) based on being retired but financials of 65,000 baht per month or a bank account in Thailand showing 800,000 baht required. if you go this route a re-entry permit will be required for any trips out the country

or a non imm 'O' 'A' visa obtained in home country giving you a 1 year permission to stay stamp on arrival

or a multi entry non imm 'O' with one border run.

Edited by steve187