Dhammakaya-linked TV station has its license scrapped

webfact

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FlJl4rc5QyxRDtY5YiS6WFO

BANGKOK: -- The board of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has decided on Monday to revoke the operating license of DMC TV station, the mouthpiece of Wat Dhammakaya.

The board also agreed to suspend the licenses of Khon Klong Sam radio station operating at 102.5 megahertz and Kla Tawan radio station operating at 96.25 megahertz for their alleged connections with Wat Dhammakaya.

Colonel Nathee Sakulrat, vice chairman of the board, said the board found that DMC TV was closely connected with Mr Ong-art Thamnitha, spokesman of Wat Dhammakaya and Wat Dhammakaya Foundation.

Mr Ong-art, according to the colonel, is facing arrest for allegedly distorting computerized data of the other people and for allegedly stiring dissent among followers of the Dhammakaya cult toward the state.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dhammakaya-linked-tv-station-license-scrapped/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-27

8 hours ago, webfact said:

allegedly stiring dissent among followers of the Dhammakaya cult toward the state.

Wow this is getting serious. After this is all over he may yet again have to go forth naked into the world and work for a living. How cruel. I think the good Phra tripped over  his ego on this one. He suffered from overreach 

Edited by elgordo38

3 hours ago, Lord Lucan said:

About bloody time they took their brainwashing off the air.

Is it actually off air now or is just a loose threat?

Can't wait to see my wife's when she can't get her favourite TV station.

Best news this year for me, love it!

Don't push her into withdrawal you may suffer in the end. It could even go so far as to get her interested in the direction Thailand is going and it could really get the ball rolling. Making a supposition here. 

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FlJl4rc5QyxRDtY5YiS6WFOJhWM3TWrF0djOz.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The board of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has decided on Monday to revoke the operating license of DMC TV station, the mouthpiece of Wat Dhammakaya.

OOOOUUUHHH, I think those Dhammakaya monks quiver in fear now :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

20 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Don't push her into withdrawal you may suffer in the end. It could even go so far as to get her interested in the direction Thailand is going and it could really get the ball rolling. Making a supposition here. 

She thinks it's going Muslim 

Is she right?

She says the PM is one.

Is she right?