‘Top Taliban commander killed’ in Afghanistan – interior ministry

webfact

‘Top Taliban commander killed’ in Afghanistan – interior ministry

606x341_353318.jpg

KABUL: -- A senior Taliban commander Mullah Firoz Jahadi has been killed during an anti-terror operation, according to the Afghan interior ministry.

Jahadi, and five other Taliban members were killed during the police operation in the central Afghan province of Ghazni, the ministry said in a statement.

“A top Taliban commander named Mullah Firoz Jahadi along with five other armed Taliban killed in Aab Band district of Ghazni province in an Afghan National Police ambush.”

According to the ministry, Jahadi had been leading Taliban efforts to regain control of Kunduz.

The strategically important city, considered a gateway to northern Afghanistan, is linked by road to Kabul in the south, Mazar-e-Sharif in the west and Tajikistan in the north.

Kunduz also has symbolic significance for the Taliban, as the city was a key northern stronghold until 2001, when its fighters were ousted by the Northern Alliance after the US-led invasion began in the wake of 9/11.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-27

48 minutes ago, currynamnam said:

Well, If each and everyone of these retards are promised 72 virgins upon arrival, with the currant rate of talibans, IS affectionados and other outstanding individuals being sent to "heaven"...shouldn't the supply of young unmolested women run a bit scarce ,I wonder.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I don't think they were promised young virgins.  

2 hours ago, Scott said:

True. Islamic mythology also promises companions who are "young boys of perpetual freshness". Kind of a two way bet!

On 12/28/2016 at 2:02 AM, Scott said:

On 12/28/2016 at 5:07 AM, simple1 said:

True. Islamic mythology also promises companions who are "young boys of perpetual freshness". Kind of a two way bet!

Houri

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri

Alleged "72 virgins"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri#Alleged_.2272_virgins.22

15 hours ago, Morch said:

With the OP I recall one of the alleged claims with initially welcoming the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan is they banned the use of 'dancing boys,' at the pain of death, who were  often used by the wealthy / warlords

Edited by simple1

On 12/28/2016 at 1:13 AM, currynamnam said:

Well, If each and everyone of these retards are promised 72 virgins upon arrival, with the currant rate of talibans, IS affectionados and other outstanding individuals being sent to "heaven"...shouldn't the supply of young unmolested women run a bit scarce ,I wonder.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Must be the reason so few Thai talibans, who living here would believe a story with 72 virgins??? :cheesy: