I never thought anything of it

I was out late afternoon on the 23rd making late minute adjustments before the xmas period and run into a couple of groups of people of stated Chinese origin Members of a club who went away for xmas. The ethics of the group were 'be nice' and they were on what we in the UK would call, a Jolly. Never thought about it again until last night when I was speaking to a friend who has a business in Lamai and she mentioned that a large number of Chinese had come to her place and spent a shedload. One of the guys I had spoken too earlier had said they came (club?) down from Chaweng  by bus so I figured minibus... I spoke it after to a number of people and turns out it was a group in a 60 seater coach and they were from xiaoxing ? (Jetstar fly there). We forever hear stories about the behaviour of Chinese tourists, some of it is justified which would also include this.

The Thai people have a strong dislike of the Chinese people.... go read the history of Pad Thai. I also know that friends would tell me if there had been even the slightest sleights. No one word, nothing..... not a single thing, does anybody I know have to say against this band of brothers. Quality tourist they are always banging on about.

Archived