Non Imm O multi HCMC thai child?

Hello,

last year I made a 1 year non imm O based on being the parent of a Thai Child in Peneng.

This year I am thinking of HCMC. I know they give multi O for Thai wife (friend got one last week) but has anybody had a 1 year based on Thai Child?

HCMC is much easier to get to, cheaper and far quieter at the consulate!

Thanks

I went to HCMC a few years ago to get an ED visa and my application was rejected because I wasn't a local resident. Tourists passing by could only get a tourist visa. It seems like they changed their policy but I'm not sure to go there again until more positive reports are posted. 

10 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

Can you also list from your friend all of the requirements?  What did they request or look over?

5 hours ago, pistachios said:

I went to HCMC a few years ago to get an ED visa and my application was rejected because I wasn't a local resident. Tourists passing by could only get a tourist visa. It seems like they changed their policy but I'm not sure to go there again until more positive reports are posted. 

He only had to show marriage certificate but also showed kids birth certs and house book,

He works offshore in Vung Tau so has a Vietnam work visa, this may have been why he was given the visa.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pistachios said:

That's not a requirement currently listed on their website unless you are from 'certain countries'

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/63975-Additional-documents-required-for-citizens-from-so.html

I have no idea myself.

I did once get a SETV from HCMC in 2016.

They were strict at meeting their requirements, but if you met their requirements they issued the visa.

As for your request, I just don't know.

Almost certainly they will want to see documents proving you are the parent and/or  have legal custody of the child.

If you have those, they may agree.

If you don't have such they may say no.

As I said before they are strict with their requirements, but if you can meet them they are fair.

8 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

I have no idea myself.

I did once get a SETV from HCMC in 2016.

They were strict at meeting their requirements, but if you met their requirements they issued the visa.

As for your request, I just don't know.

Almost certainly they will want to see documents proving you are the parent and/or  have legal custody of the child.

If you have those, they may agree.

If you don't have such they may say no.

As I said before they are strict with their requirements, but if you can meet them they are fair.

I have found that the staff on the desk don't really know the requirements.

They told me that a VN national cannot have a tourist visa as they can get 30 days on arrival. When I pointed out that I can also get 30 days on arrival but they are happy to give me a tourist visa they had to go into the back room to check before accepting the application.

They also continually tell me that a non-O can only be applied for if my wife or child is Thai, which is not what the regulations state, and is not what they state on their own website.

On 12/30/2016 at 9:05 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

They told me that a VN national cannot have a tourist visa as they can get 30 days on arrival. When I pointed out that I can also get 30 days on arrival but they are happy to give me a tourist visa they had to go into the back room to check before accepting the application........

You can and SHOULD get a tourist visa, especially if you are planning to stay longer than 30 days.  What documents did they request for you to apply for tourist visa?

On 12/30/2016 at 9:05 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

They also continually tell me that a non-O can only be applied for if my wife or child is Thai, which is not what the regulations state, and is not what they state on their own website.

I'm sure if you ask your friend or anyone who has gotten a non-O for visiting family in Thailand, it was because the family was Thai.  It's been that way for a long time.  And there are similar provisions for most other countries for visiting immediate family that is a citizen of the host country.

What was your understanding of the non-O requirements?

22 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

You can and SHOULD get a tourist visa, especially if you are planning to stay longer than 30 days.  What documents did they request for you to apply for tourist visa?

I'm sure if you ask your friend or anyone who has gotten a non-O for visiting family in Thailand, it was because the family was Thai.  It's been that way for a long time.  And there are similar provisions for most other countries for visiting immediate family that is a citizen of the host country.

What was your understanding of the non-O requirements?

They eventually did give me the TR.

My understanding of the non-O requirements is from this Thai Visa forum which advises over 50's can get a non-O. 

On 1/1/2017 at 11:05 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

They eventually did give me the TR.

My understanding of the non-O requirements is from this Thai Visa forum which advises over 50's can get a non-O. 

Ok.  This can qualify you for non-O based on retirement, not having a thai child.  Same non-O visa, but different qualifying reason.  You may have had to have proof of 800k THB equivalent in a bank account OR affidavit notarized by your passport country's embassy stating that you earn 65k THB equivalent each month.   

Maybe others can chime in.

5 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

Ok.  This can qualify you for non-O based on retirement, not having a thai child.  Same non-O visa, but different qualifying reason.  You may have had to have proof of 800k THB equivalent in a bank account OR affidavit notarized by your passport country's embassy stating that you earn 65k THB equivalent each month.   

Maybe others can chime in.

No. They are not interested in my bank accounts and refer me to the 1 year OA visa for retirement, not a single non-O.

• Like 1