Where to buy a decent pillow for a decent price?

rflusser

Hi all - I'm struggling a bit with the high density pillows provided by our apartment. Any recommendations for where to buy a decent pillow? 

Went to the big Tesco (superhighway) and all they had was either 200 baht stiff ones or nice ones at over 1000 baht a piece. Just looking for something that has some give for a reasonable price up to 600 baht or so. Suggestions on where to look?

Thank you!!

Baan & Beyond has a good selection, but those I bought from there were around 1,000 baht.

They have cheaper models, but I think you should reconsider your 600 baht budget, it’s something you use 8 hours every single day and is probably not going to need replacing for many many years.

Thanks for all the replies. Will have to try Baan & Beyond and Index. 

Ikn, I'd definitely be willing to spend more if I knew I'd be using it for awhile. But I'm only confirmed to be in CM for 2 months at the moment, so don't want to invest too much.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, daoyai said:

slightly on topic... what is it with all these new latex pillow shops? is it really so hard to get them in china?

Pure speculation, but probably not that widespread in China, given that latex pillows is still a new thing for many, and with latex being produced here, I am sure the sales guy can spin some tale about this being the right place to buy the perfect artisanal latex pillow, just like you should also buy your 5,000 baht silk shirt here, or your 80,000 baht pearl necklace, because both are produced in Thailand…

Just out of curiosity: how long you stay in your apartment? Just for a vacation or for a longer time ?

Because i don't think spend 1000 bht for a decent pillow is an expensive investment.

And if you, same like me, Always have room in your Luggage, you can easely take it with you when you leave. So you even not have to lose it.

16 hours ago, jonwilly said:

The manageress in my condo now supplies Very soft Pillows at B100.

I stared using say 3 months ago.

I will be interested to see what other folk have to say as I know a Good Pillow is a big aid to a nights sleep.

john

ive spent a fortune on a tempur mattress 135,000 baht, pillows 3,000 baht each, you cant put a price on a good nights sleep a lot of money but i would do it again in a heart beat if and when necessary.

Edited by catman20

If you are in Bangkok, go to Emporium mall to the floor where they have the household stuff (4th floor?) - they sell high-quality pillows, including expensive feather/down-filled pillows. Note - I am referring to the mall, not to the department store. 

I brought a couple of pillows from the UK last time I went back in desperation.

Next time I go I will bring a duvet cover as I can't find one here. I've been to atabed, BigC, Central etc but I will have a look in Ikea soon as I've not tried looking there.

If you get the hard cheap pillows, try sitting on them for a week or so on the sofa or easy chair, as they seem to squash down.

Thanks for all the replies.

Not in Bangkok so a few of the suggestions won't be of use, but I'm sure it will help others.

Fully agree that going cheap on sleep isn't a good idea. But I remember buying quite a few pillows in the US at big box stores for 300-400 baht that were very comfortable...they just didn't last much more than 6 months or so....That's what I'm looking for! ?

Anyway, will check the places suggested in Chiang Mai. Thanks!!

You won't get much for 600 Baht. If you saw a comfortable one that you liked at Tesco Lotus for 1000, that's not bad at all for a good pillow and a good nights sleep. We first bought pillows at Central for 700 each and they were awful and uncomfortable. We finally about 3 years ago paid 2000 each for natural latex pillows from Index (marked down from 2999) and we sleep really well now. I really don't like anything from Index except their pillows, mattress covers and so forth. They occasionally have excellent sales.

Edited by elektrified

excellent bed/mattress and pillow store about 300m past Central on the main highway. (just turn right from the bus station road)

I bought a very good quality mattress for half the price they sell in Home Pro.

the pillows, I bought 4 and yes the 200bt ones; I wanted the latex ones after i tested them but I was too cheap to pay the 700bt; next time I WILL INDULGE.

After amassing a collection of crap pillows over the decades here. A few years ago I shelled out the cash for a few microgel pillows by Santa's.

Expensive but we'll worth it. I would suggest the med firm ones. They models they at Index are usually kinda of settled in. So the firm density takes a little time to break in.

Last pillows you will ever buy. They are around 2000 and they do go on sale sometimes.