webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/29/2016 at 8:49 PM, dundas said:

I can't help but wonder if a lack of proper safety equipment might have been a factor. I've noticed when I've driven rental cars in Thailand that low end mainstream cars (e.g., Honda Jazz) have no airbags. I don't want to be in a crash of any kind, but I feel a lot more vulnerable in a car without airbags. 

I have seen the lack of airbags in some vehicles also.   I stay in a police apartment when In Bangkok.  It is right next to a traffic police station.  The police park vehicles that are involved in crashes in their parking lot.  

Lots of blood, sometimes body tissue, in vehicles that are over ten years old to current luxury cars.  These are vehicles that have been involved in severe crashes.  Many of the vehicles, even the Mercedes and BMW's, do not have an airbag deployed.

Many of the vehicles have evidence of prior crashes.  Those, almost without exception (from what I have seen), have no airbags.  It is my belief that replacement airbags are not installed in the vehicles when they are rebuilt after a prior crash.

The traffic police had a bus one time, earlier this year.  Too big for the parking lot, so it was parked at the bus stop turn out on the highway.  The bus had hit something hard, then skidded down the road, judging from the damaged front end and side.  That gave me something to think about, the next time I have to ride in tour or traveling between cities.  That bus too, had evidence of being in a crash (or multiple crashes) judging from all the body putty on it.