claiming back tax (Jomtien)

I registered in Sept 16 and brought all my bank books etc to reclaim the tax paid on bank interest, everything was completed in Jomtien without issue and I now have the tax number..........but

As I was leaving the girl said that the payment would be made by cheque and posted to me (at least I think that is what she said) I am still waiting, I am beginning to think that I should have gone back to the office to pick up the cheque - surely it cannot take this long

anyone have any idea about this

43 minutes ago, smedly said:

I registered in Sept 16 and brought all my bank books etc to reclaim the tax paid on bank interest, everything was completed in Jomtien without issue and I now have the tax number..........but

As I was leaving the girl said that the payment would be made by cheque and posted to me (at least I think that is what she said) I am still waiting, I am beginning to think that I should have gone back to the office to pick up the cheque - surely it cannot take this long

Presumably that declaration was for 2015, and was submitted after the March deadline in 2016. So there's no need to wait for 2016 to end to get your refund.

You should not need to wait more than a couple of weeks after submission but last year I also didnt receive my cheque. When I went there to ask about it I discovered that my refund had been put on hold awaiting a missing bank book photocopy and also completion of a form about my pension income (none) and other income in Thailand (none). This was done at another office upstairs. Needless to say they didnt think it necessary to contact me and tell me that extra documents were needed, and presumably the dossier would have sat there forever had I not tried to find out what was happening.

Once that lot was completed I got my cheque within a week or two.

done mine every yr.in january,never had to wait more than a few weeks.

as you registered in sept maybe they will process it all jan.2017, or they would tell you that you will be fined for being late.

but in your case i would suspect its not yet procesed. give them a call always found them very helpfull.

Archived