Kim Jong-un watches girl band amid '340 executions' claim

rooster59

Kim Jong-un watches girl band amid '340 executions' claim

606x341_353628.jpg

Footage has emerged from North Korea showing all-powerful leader Kim Jong-un taking centre stage at a meeting of his reclusive state’s ruling Workers’ Party.

Images of the grandiose gathering emerged as a new report from South Korea said Kim had ordered the executions of more than 300 people since taking power five years ago.

The meeting of the First Conference of Chairpersons of the Primary Committees of the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) is said to have lasted for three days from December 23 to December 25.

Kim later attended an artistic performance in Pyongyang in honour of those attending the conference.

State media says that when he appeared in the auditorium: “all the performers and the participants of the conference broke into cheers of ‘hurrah!’, extending the greatest honour and deepest thanks to him”.

The concert featured the Moranbong band – the North Korean girl pop group formed in 2012 by the leader himself.

Despite sanctions, Kim seems more determined than ever to pursue his nuclear and ballistic missile programmes.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-31

the mans a looney,

'' all the performers and the participants of the conference broke into cheers of ‘hurrah!’, extending the greatest honour and deepest thanks to him”. what else could they do, unless they wanted to join the 300

Whilst the North Korean regime remains wholly unrepresentative of its population and completely unresponsive to its population's requirements, I have to take issue with an article that appears to have been written by a 15-year-old.

The author has cherry-picked a number of unrelated facts, conflated them in a narrative and topped it off with a misleading headline.

North Korea scores 0/10. Euro News scores 1/10.

2 minutes ago, wiko said:

I thought most of those execution hoaxes had been rebutted already, but it seems the US sponsored media sources don't give up yet.

And that US-sponsored media source is Euro News?    I think not.  

Stop trolling and stick to the topic.  

9 minutes ago, wiko said:

I thought most of those execution hoaxes had been rebutted already, but it seems the US sponsored media sources don't give up yet.

Yes it is called the truth and comes from scores of defectors and foreign embassy reports so I take umbrage in your characterization of "hoaxes" and I think the BBC and other foreign news sources, who have reported these same incidents , would disagree that they are US sponsored 

Edited by Langsuan Man

6 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Yes it is called the truth and comes from scores of defectors and foreign embassy reports so I take umbrage in your characterization of "hoaxes" and I think the BBC and other foreign news sources, who have reported these same incidents , would disagree that they are US sponsored 

I should have used the words news sources instead of press, because as you know that when an article published by the different countries press all over the world, the news comes from the same news source.

And if you doubt my comments that most of those executions have been rebutted, then Google will be your friend

1 hour ago, wiko said:

"haven't given up yet", otherwise your English is excellent, just like the girls' playing.

Edited by rabas

47 minutes ago, rabas said:

"haven't given up yet", otherwise your English is excellent, just like the girls' playing.

The girls in the group HAVE to be excellent... especially when playing in the presence of their dear "Supreme Leader" ...if they wish to continue in good physical health.    

This headline is a bit redundant. With the many hundreds of thousands of thousands locked in forced labour camps and gulags, you can be sure that there will always be someone dying because of the regime in North Korea during even the shortest performance of any girl band

2 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Nice haircut, fatso.

Perhaps his barber uses the same bowl that his perfect father and super-perfect grandfather used.  Just put the bowl on the head upside down, and cut away everything that sticks out.

49 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

surprised this guy hasn't been "topped" yet.

If he's knocked off, another ding dong will take his place.  It's a part of the world where everyone is told what to think, or suffer dire consequences. More severe, but not much different than China and Thailand. 

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

the mans a looney,

'' all the performers and the participants of the conference broke into cheers of ‘hurrah!’, extending the greatest honour and deepest thanks to him”. what else could they do, unless they wanted to join the 300

The adoring lackeys do much the same in Thailand when their Man of the Year makes an appearance.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

Perhaps his barber uses the same bowl that his perfect father and super-perfect grandfather used.  Just put the bowl on the head upside down, and cut away everything that sticks out.

If he's knocked off, another ding dong will take his place.  It's a part of the world where everyone is told what to think, or suffer dire consequences. More severe, but not much different than China and Thailand. 

He may cut his own hair. If I were his trusted adviser or bodyguard I would not recommend he sit with his back to a man with a sharp tool in his hand. He is very paranoid and rightfully so I think.  He will get his soon I think, I hope that will be for the better when it happens.

6 hours ago, Pimay1 said:

If you have never seen them it's worth a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL7-7shibkw

Great find!  Thanks!

You've got to see these young ladies. 

They were fun to watch.  Since they'll play for someone like Kim Jong-un, then maybe they can play for Trump's inauguration.  Trump could also invite Kim so the world can then decide which world leader has the worst hair. 

35 minutes ago, helpisgood said:

Great find!  Thanks!

You've got to see these young ladies. 

They were fun to watch.  Since they'll play for someone like Kim Jong-un, then maybe they can play for Trump's inauguration.  Trump could also invite Kim so the world can then decide which world leader has the worst hair. 

Or they could also do a job swap.... Kim President of America for a year... and Trump have a go in North Korea.