Proof of residence

5 minutes ago, Gonsalviz said:

I am in Nong Bua Lamphu Province about 100 km west of Udon.

IU might also add that I have a multi entry visa based on marriage. That will be changing soon to Retirement.

Your immigration office is Udon Thani. I don't recall any reports of them not doing a certificate of residence.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Your immigration office is Udon Thani. I don't recall any reports of them not doing a certificate of residence.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Sorry about the double post. Still trying to figure this new format out. Still cannot get notifications to my email.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

just five days ago at the Sisaket Immigration, when I asked for a Certificate of Residence,  the offcials working there said that they do not issue them any more.  

When I asked, so who is going to issue the certificate, as I will probabyl be needing one  on my January visit to the Department of Traffic in Phetchaburi (800 km away from us) to apply for the re-issueing of my lost car's blue book,  they said it is not needed on any offices any more, since now all foreigners are registered with a central computer, and the traffic departments got access to these files.

I relented from asking much more, but I have the strong feeling that this was a load of <deleted> BS, it just can't be true.

Now i am sitting here trying to solve the problem.  Going back to the Sisaket Immigration (67km) and ask again, or go to our Amphur with my girlfriend in whose house I live, and apply for a yellow housebook

Edited by crazygreg44

6 minutes ago, crazygreg44 said:

just five days ago at the Sisaket Immigration, when I asked for a Certificate of Residence,  the offcials working there said that they do not issue them any more.  

When I asked, so who is going to issue the certificate, as I will probabyl be needing one  on my January visit to the Department of Traffic in Phetchaburi (800 km away from us) to apply for the re-issueing of my lost car's blue book,  they said it is not needed on any offices any more, since now all foreigners are registered with a central computer, and the traffic departments got access to these files.

I relented from asking much more, but I have the strong feeling that this was a load of <deleted> BS, it just can't be true.

Now i am sitting here trying to solve the problem.  Going back to the Sisaket Immigration (67km) and ask again, or go to our Amphur with my girlfriend in whose house I live, and apply for a yellow housebook

Hopefully UbonJoe is correct. I have gotten them at Udon before. The first ones were 300 baht, the next time I needed one it was free.

in the recent 7  years I have gotten the Certificate of Residence at the Sisaket Immigration for four (4) times already, for different purposes.

I did my extension of stay for retirement, five days ago, maybe they just were fed up with me because I also needed a single re-entry permit,  and I noticed all in all it means a lot of paper shifting for them.

You are right, normally the Immigration of the area you live, is the correct place for the application of a Certificate of Residence.  I  guess you  must be knowing what to bring with you for the application.  I had to pay 200 THB the previous times, and they said that was for all the copying they did with my passport, housebook, etc.

I wish you Good Luck, and please report here, should there be an issue

Edited by crazygreg44

25 minutes ago, crazygreg44 said:

Renewed my car licence not too long ago and a cert was required at Rayong. Area where you submit paperwork doesn't have a computer or didn't at that time.

Cert was free for a few hundred baht.?