USA Passport / O-A visa ? validity

My USA passport must be valid for "more than 6 months" . 

Currently my passport has a non-imm O-A visa was originally issued 2 feb 2015. I left TH dec 2015, re entered TH dec 2015 and again left TH may 2016. so i used the visa twice to enter Thailand, so far.

Can I use the same visa for ONE more return to TH.. what exactly does "multiple" mean  :)  ??

Lastly  - my usa passport will expired August 5 2017. I will ARRIVE well before the 6 month rule - but leave with only 3 months validity . Problems???   Thank you so much in advance  

If, as you post, your non-Immigrant O-A visa was originally issued on 2 Feb 2015 then it probably has an "enter before" date of 1 Feb 2016 (the "enter before date" is also printed on the visa.)  Between 2 Feb 2015 and 1 Feb 2016, you were entitled to depart/re-enter Thailand as many times as you wanted - with each re-entry, you would have been stamped into the country for an additional year permission to stay.  

After the "enter before" date, though, you would have needed to obtain a re-entry permit prior to departure from Thailand to keep your permission to stay "alive".  So if you left in May 2016 without obtaining a re-entry permit prior to departure, you no longer have a valid visa nor do you have a valid permission to stay.  

As for the six month rule, that generally applies to the entry portion of your trip.  Countries that require it want you to have six months' validity remaining when you enter the country.

4 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

Currently my passport has a non-imm O-A visa was originally issued 2 feb 2015. I left TH dec 2015, re entered TH dec 2015 and again left TH may 2016. so i used the visa twice to enter Thailand, so far.

Check the dates you posted. I think you may of meant your visa was issued in Feb 2016. If it was 2015 it would of already been expired for almost a year.

There is no 6 months rule for a US citizen. You only need validity for the length of your stay. You need to get a new passport soon. It only takes about 2 weeks to get a new passport at the embassy in Bangkok. 

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Check the dates you posted. I think you may of meant your visa was issued in Feb 2016. If it was 2015 it would of already been expired for almost a year.

There is no 6 months rule for a US citizen. You only need validity for the length of your stay. You need to get a new passport soon. It only takes about 2 weeks to get a new passport at the embassy in Bangkok. 

I don't think so, UJ.  He entered in 2015 and then left/re-entered again in Dec 2015.  Departed again in May 2016.  

He couldn't have entered twice in 2015 if his visa was issued in 2016.  

As I read it, he's currently not in Thailand and his visa/permission to stay are both expired (unless he obtained a re-entry permit.)

22 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

So If I enter Thailand I automatically get a 30 day stay. Can I get 60 more while I am in Thailand. Whats my best option(s) ?

You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days at an immigration office. You could then make a trip out and back for another 30 day entry or go out for a single entry tourist visa.

It would be best to get a single entry tourist visa before starting your trip or a single entry non-o visa for being over 50 at one of the honorary consulates in the states.