French tourist bitten by a crocodile near Haew Suwat waterfall in Khao Yai

webfact

Just now, yellowboat said:

Siamese crocodile native to Indonesia (Borneo and possibly Java), Brunei, East Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Lived in places infested with such dangerous creatures.  They are to be avoided and left alone.  They leave you alone if not troubled, except the ones in Australia. 

That's because we have made a tourist industry out of them and they are not wary of humans any more.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

Why?He was probably hot.Maybe he used his shirt to bandage the wound.The fashion police patrol the jungle now,unf,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,able.

I don't think 'fashion' was the point. Just look at the state of him. Either take care of yourself or keep yourself under wraps... especially if you're French. :giggle:

3 hours ago, cnjoew said:

sorry for my ignorance but as far as I know crocodiles aren't native to Thailand, so what are they doing in Khao Yai?

You answered your own question, but the reason people think they aren't native is that, along with everything else barring elephants and the odd rabbit, they've been eaten and turned into purses.

So now, the woman has a unique  relationship with crocodile like no others.

The scars will be sort of like a tattoo for members only in a special society and wherever she goes she can show her crocodile scars to other crocodiles and they will grant her their respect and never bite her...lol

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

4 hours ago, cnjoew said:

sorry for my ignorance but as far as I know crocodiles aren't native to Thailand, so what are they doing in Khao Yai?

A lot of Crocs escaped the farms in recent years of floods and got to the waterways.

Not sure if I would want to swim in any of Thailand's rivers regardless of how clean and clear it looks.

8 minutes ago, gemguy said:

So now, the woman has a unique  relationship with crocodile like no others.

The scars will be sort of like a tattoo for members only in a special society and wherever she goes she can show her crocodile scars to other crocodiles and they will grant her their respect and never bite her...lol

Cheers

She is a Lacoste brand ambassador from now on.

4 hours ago, cnjoew said:

Thai crocodiles are everywhere, especially known to exist in relative abundance found in various political circles and political positions throughout the country..lol

Cheers

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Siamese crocodile native to Indonesia (Borneo and possibly Java), Brunei, East Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Lived in places infested with such dangerous creatures.  They are to be avoided and left alone.  They leave you alone if not troubled, except the ones in Australia. 

Oui monsieur!  Had that been an Aussie 'salty', hubby would be flying home 'triste et seul'!

5 hours ago, cnjoew said:

Just for your information. There are (or at least up until not too long ago) 3 species of crocodilians native to Thailand. All three close to, or already extinct within Thailand.
* The Siamese Crocodile, Crocodylus siamensis, one of the rarest species in the world and the one in the headlines now. (An unofficially introduced specimen in Khao Yai). Very few proper wild ones left in Thailand, just on a few scattered locations.
* Saltwater Crocs, Crocodylus porosus, the infamous species most known from Australia. I am not sure about the current status in Thailand, but if not yet extinct, it is likely to be very close to extinction in Thailand. The lady should be glad it was not this species that bit her.
* False Gharial, Tomistoma schlegelii, most likely extirpated in Thailand.

6 hours ago, cnjoew said:

I am a bit surprised that you would have thought that. Not only are they native to Thailand but the one species is named for Thailand (Siam).
On the other hand they have been critically endangered since the mid twentieth century, and nearly extinct now in Thailand except on the farms.
From the Wiki article:
"Siamese crocodile (Crocodylus siamensis) is a small to medium-sized freshwater crocodile native to Indonesia (Borneo and possibly Java), Brunei, East Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Thailand, and Vietnam. The species is critically endangered and already extirpated from many regions."