Spousal visa (pension income) from non-o visiting spousal visa

I went on this page to find out about the spousal visa info, but there does not appear to be such a visa. Why is this so? Isn't this the official website where that information should be readily available?

Anyway, thanks to the help of a lot of good people on this site, I got the max. 15 months out of the non-o visiting visa, expiring in early March.  I am in LOS. Thank you again. Your support was great and the information provided even better.

I am doing this for the first time. I wish the information was there. I understand that I need a pension income of  400 K, which I have. Not sure what the specific requirements are for Chiang Mai (I will go on the CM's TV part and get that information), but I read that one needs to go to the consulate to get some sort of official confirmation that the pension income is legit, then with that, adhere to the rest of the imaginary website list that is modified by the other chefs in that kitchen. I suppose I can start this procedure at any time, but the sooner the better, just in case a curve ball comes along.

you can get almost 17 months from a multi entry non immigrant 'o' visa if you do a 60 day visit wife extension on the last entry, do a 1 year extension during the last 30 days of any permission to stay stamp, 400,00 baht in a Thai bank account in your name for 2 months prior to the  application

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

I went on this page to find out about the spousal visa info, but there does not appear to be such a visa. Why is this so? Isn't this the official website where that information should be readily available?

You found no info because there is no such visa. You can get a non-o visa or an extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

You can a apply for the extension of stay during the last 30 days of your 90 day entry from your visa.

You will need a income letter from your embassy or consulate to prove a income of 40k baht.

My general list of required documents and etc is here.  Marriage Extension Requirements.pdf

Oh! Thank you all! Thanks for that list Joe! Very helpful and very well done. Thanks Steve and Litebeer for the info. 

As to the mentioning of a "spousal" visa on the official website (I forgot to mention, btw), since there is no "dedicated" spousal visa per se (thansk for clarifying, Joe), it would help if they had some rubric indicating what married Aliens should do and a list should be there. 

Can this be done every year? Can the extension be extended year after year?

Btw, the http://www.immigration.go.th/ website does talk about extensions, but then on that page it states:

" Travellers who wish to stay longer than such period may apply for extension of stay at offices of the Immigration Division 1 in Bangkok, located at Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 or at an Immigration office located in the provinces. For information on application for extension of stay, see the Immigration Bureau website at www.immigration.go.th " 

This link is a loopy link as I am on http://www.immigration.go.th/. Unless I am missing something and I do not wish to offend anyone, this is link is not helpful. Should I mention this to them or would they lose face?

I found this webpage very helpful though: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download. I believe there is something somewhere on TV like this, but I cannot remember where it was. I haven't had the time to check through all of the PDF forms and using Joe's list I probably won't need to, but this is nice to have. Not sure if it is worthy, but it says "immigration Bureau", so it should be. May I suggest --in the name of efficiency-- that a permanent topic be created with a clear FULL CAPS title be created and put at the top of all of the topics under Thai visas, residency,... topic. May I suggest a title like: ALL VISA FORMS. Joe, your list should be included there too. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

Can this be done every year? Can the extension be extended year after year?

You can apply for new extension year after year.

There is only one form you need to apply for an extension and that is the TM7 form.

The only visa immigration can issue is a non immigrant visa based upon qualifying for a extension of stay of some kind.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for new extension year after year.

There is only one form you need to apply for an extension and that is the TM7 form.

The only visa immigration can issue is a non immigrant visa based upon qualifying for a extension of stay of some kind.

Oh! Thanks, Joe!