Tree Pruning

rohitsuk

I have five lovely mature trees in my front garden but three of them are close to the boundary and now overhaning my neighbour's roof so need cutting back to my side of the fence. The last time I had this done the vandals just hacked the lower branches off instead of topping out the trees, leaving a very ugly stuck up like sore fingers mess, that took months to grow back to anything like reasonable.  

I am desperate to find somebody who can do a proper tree pruning job and would be so grateful for any recommendations as the prospect of anoher hatchet job is breraking my heart.

My observations of tree trimming in T'land easily reveal massive ignorance of how to lop a limb correctly.  Most of correctness involves 'where to cut', less of which tool to use. Stubs left after the job, often 3 ft from the trunk, will lead to  tree decay.  

Cut close to the main trunk and the bark will heal over the wound.  And a saw is better than an axe or large knife.

Don't forget: 'a tree hurts too'. 

Jobin,  you have got that so right!  As a youngster back in NZ I had a debt t with my father and in order to pay him back I had a job of high pruning pine trees (Pinus Radiata).

I learnt very quickly that you don't leave 'coat hangers'  as you say that's where any fungus or infestation will occur and can lead to the death of the tree.  Plus if I did leave those 'stubs' my father would send me back into the bush to remove them.

I've seen some nasty hatchet jobs here.... and now my missus also knows better. She keeps on top of our workers to ensure they don't kill our trees.