Formula 1

nisakiman

I know I might seem to be getting ahead of myself here, but it just occurred to me that I will be in Bangkok on the 26th March, which is when the first race of the F1 season takes place in Melbourne, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a bar or whatever that always screens F1 where I could go to to watch it. I think it would be around midday Thai time. I ask because I've got a feeling that the hotel I'm staying won't have a channel screening it. I seem to recollect that last time I stayed there their channel choice was fairly limited.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Crossbar, The Clubhouse or The Game will all (almost certainly) be showing, whether with the audio or not depends upon what else is on at the time.

Sounds like an excuse to visit the above (plus many others) on previous evenings to verify.

Ah, good! Sukhumvit isn't a problem, as I'll be staying in Saphan Kwai near the BTS. Looks like The Clubhouse is only about a ten minute stroll from Asok BTS on the map. Thanks. Yes, probably a good idea to do a recce the day before! :drunk:

Yes, the Clubhouse is a pleasant stroll down soi Cowboy from Asoke BTS, Crossbar is only slightly further but not down Cowboy :(

The Game is right outside Nana BTS, 30 seconds stroll :)

2 hours ago, les Dennis said:

At that time of day The Clubhouse will have it on for sure, with audio on the big screen. The picture on the big screen is one of the best in Thailand too.

Yes, I was thinking that might be the case, because there won't be any football on at that time, it being early morning in Europe. Nice to know they have a good big screen. I'm looking forward to it already! :smile: