Non Post Offices For Sending Mail

Vespa

As there are quite a few of them around town and their surcharge is well worth not having to wait in line at the gov. post office , my question is are they reliable ?

The one on the ground floor of Carrefor near the food court seems to have been around for quite some time.

Anyone care to share their opinion ?

As there are quite a few of them around town and their surcharge is well worth not having to wait in line at the gov. post office , my question is are they reliable ?

The one on the ground floor of Carrefor near the food court seems to have been around for quite some time.

There is a post office on the second floor above Tops Supermarket.

It actually a FedEx depot that doubles as a post office. No waiting, very convenient...staff conversant in English and very helpful.

I use it fairly regularly for overseas post, EMS to Bangkok etc, and have never had any problems.

Very convenient if you are already there for shopping.

BTW, for those who aren't aware, there is a phone shop on the second floor that also doubles as a place where you can pay your uitility bills for 10 Baht a pop - like 7-11. That's phone, electricity, water, mobile phones, and internet bills. Maybe others - not sure. You get a computer receipt and no problems - being using them for ages and haven't been cut off yet :o

If you're like me, don't live near a 7/11 and drive in to do shopping, it's quite convenient.

Vespa I have sent post by both post office and non post office,

while the post office gets it to the final address within 5-7 days

the non post office gets it there 2 weeks later

The 10 minutes wait in the post office saves a total of 7 days on postal time,

I personaly now only use post office.

Remember when sending a package home to ask for it to be signed on delivery to ensure it gets there.

Vespa I have sent post by both post office and non post office,

while the post office gets it to the final address within 5-7 days

the non post office gets it there 2 weeks later

The 10 minutes wait in the post office saves a total of 7 days on postal time,

I personaly now only use post office.

Remember when sending a package home to ask for it to be signed on delivery to ensure it gets there.

So have I and it is true to say some non POs take longer but there is a office opposite the post office and they have always got my mail there on time (maybe its something to do with the walking distance to the actual post office)

Edited by Tufty