Any thoughts about Korat's new Terminal 21?

watcharacters

Seemed world class to me. I was most impressed with the green and red lights over eachc5c0155af4a0d2bec5c76f01fcea989a.jpg parking space indicating open or full. The toilet room was pretty impressive also. Luckily I didn't have to sit as I saw no instruction manual for the commode.
Also the up and down escalators were adjacent rather than making you walk halfway around to get out.
3411078a18e6e760d7f073fa95f6f41c.jpg

2 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Get your priorities straight. What about FOODLAND ?

i was there yesterday for the first time,easy to get in and out,was there anything to interest me not one thing on all floors.

EXCEPT FOODLAND, although the wife has been twice she only spent money in FOODLAND.

they do have plenty to interest me,some nice cooked meats,cheese,decent beef,very nice brisket,goner try the pacific cod oh and their burgers were good too,bread is good aswell.

6 hours ago, Eric1949 said:

Where is the Terminal 21 exactly.  I would be driving down the No 2 road from Khon Kaen.  Do I follow the signs for Saraburi or not?

When you get to Korat follow the first signs you come upon to the left. I think they say Nakhon Ratchasima and Buriram.....this leads straight onto the main road into 

Korat and this is the road that has Macro, Big C and now Terminal 21 on it, stay on this road until you get into town and T21 will be on your right.If you look up you can't miss the T21 tower high in the sky.

Do not follow the signs for Saraburi as this is the by pass and you will miss all Korat.

23 hours ago, meatboy said:

i was there yesterday for the first time,easy to get in and out,was there anything to interest me not one thing on all floors.

EXCEPT FOODLAND, although the wife has been twice she only spent money in FOODLAND.

they do have plenty to interest me,some nice cooked meats,cheese,decent beef,very nice brisket,goner try the pacific cod oh and their burgers were good too,bread is good aswell.

well its nice to have some decent food for a change,it must be over 25yrs.since doing some grub hunting in foodland soi5 bkk.sukvit.

tried the pacific cod,very good,frozen burgers,good, and believe it or not the ice cream powder,i used evaporated milk,vanilla flouring and it came out great,i do have an electric whisk,now tooooooo experiment rum/raison,choco.banana and mango.

On 1/11/2017 at 4:54 PM, happylarry said:

Do not follow the signs for Saraburi as this is the by pass and you will miss all Korat.

By passing Korat sounds a good idea. Not my favourite place. The way surrounding towns are expanding ie Big C, Tesco, Makro etc, Korat will soon be on the decline.

I passed T21 Korat yesterday by car, but even it was a Friday afternoon, there seemed to be no crowds entering or leaving the main entrance. T21 is a very interesting concept, and the food court of T21 in Bangkok is by far the cheapest nationwide of any mall (hence almost impossible to get a seat at any time of the day), but I doubt there are enough patrons in Korat of the kind they attract in Bangkok. Bangkok's T21 is extraordinarily popular with the young and trendy East Asian crowd. Still, it will make dull Korat more attractive. Ah, and to experience the AC is entirely free so go there in April and May  ;-)

Wife and her girl gang has been 3 or 4 times but the novelty seems to have worn off already. 

I went once.  Foodland, the small baking/supply shop on the ground floor and of course the Cheap and Good cafeteria outside Foodland, were the only things that I found useful.

Been back to the good old Mall at least 4 times since.  The last visit, Mrs said they were doing away with the free parking policy enacted as part of their T21 induced anxiety.   I wonder if they now think T21 isn't quite the threat they'd anticipated.

Be interesting when Central opens this Fall with a TOPS Supermarket providing another layer of variety.  Maybe they'll put a bowling alley in.  Korat doesn't need 3 ice skating rinks. :blink:

Archived