Je parle Thai: Parisian vendor wows Thai tourists with impressive Thai talk (VIDEO)

webfact

Je parle Thai: Parisian vendor wows Thai tourists with impressive Thai talk (VIDEO)

By Coconuts Bangkok 

french_0.jpg

Thai people are loving this French vendor who chats and sells souvenirs to tourists by speaking Thai like a total boss.

A video circulating in social media shows a street vendor at the Eiffel Tower speaking Thai. The man sells replicas of the iconic Parisian tower in various sizes and entertains Thai customers with smooth talk and bargaining.

“I’m selling them cheap!” he said in Thai. “The small ones. The big ones! The big ones are EUR15. The small ones are EUR5, and these are EUR3 each!”

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2017/01/05/je-parle-thai-parisian-vendor-wows-thai-tourists-impressive-thai-talk-video

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-01-05

I want to warn the next tourists that go to Paris to be wary of this type of individual.

1 / Selling in the capital is prohibited;
2 / complaints for theft and rip-off are numerous against these individuals.

For any problems call the Prefecture of Police of Paris: 17 or report to our colleagues on patrols in the tourist areas

A positive funny news.... quickly dragged down on TV forum with the usual rants.

2 minutes ago, Borzandy said:

He don't seem to be French.

Well if you base a citizenship on color of the skin you live 100 years too late....one could say his family comes from a former french colonie and therefore is french national

Edited by DavidVincent

Paris is full of these pesky ratbags. They network by mobile phone and know when the authorities are coming. The sale items, not just crap like this but many things including handbags, are scooped up and they are gone in a flash...onto the metro. The police don't have a hope of catching them.

1 hour ago, DavidVincent said:

A positive funny news.... quickly dragged down on TV forum with the usual rants.

Well if you base a citizenship on color of the skin you live 100 years too late....one could say his family comes from a former french colonie and therefore is french national

There is no such thing, nowadays, as French colonies, although they seem to be.

They are overseas provinces, or something like that.

Used for bomb testing, shooting rockets into space and so on.

18 minutes ago, hansnl said:

There is no such thing, nowadays, as French colonies, although they seem to be.

They are overseas provinces, or something like that.

Used for bomb testing, shooting rockets into space and so on.

Well I perfectly know there is no more french colonies. However his parents may have come from there while it was a colonie or anything...does not change the fact that this thread which was a funny light one, turns, one more time, into a nauseous rant

4 hours ago, LburtonL said:

will be there next february with my thai wife.... we have to find him, I speak french born at Montreal,Quebec,Canada

Very nice Montreal is a nice city so was i born there in Montreal north it was long time agoe.Bonne chance.

1 hour ago, Prbkk said:

Paris is full of these pesky ratbags. They network by mobile phone and know when the authorities are coming. The sale items, not just crap like this but many things including handbags, are scooped up and they are gone in a flash...onto the metro. The police don't have a hope of catching them.

It's called: surviving. I'm sorry to see you entering the rightwing realm also :post-4641-1156693976:

4 hours ago, than said:

I want to warn the next tourists that go to Paris to be wary of this type of individual.

1 / Selling in the capital is prohibited;
2 / complaints for theft and rip-off are numerous against these individuals.

For any problems call the Prefecture of Police of Paris: 17 or report to our colleagues on patrols in the tourist areas

Selling is prohibited and if you do nothing they will complain that you are lazy. You can never win. I hope they speak Thai at the prefecture.

3 hours ago, Prbkk said:

French police is just ridiculous like any police from anywhere in the world. No respect to them.

2 hours ago, bangon04 said:

he learned his Thai selling fake dildos on Suk Soi 5 and then transferred his linguistic skills to paris. A great example of the entrepreneurial spirit.

at least he learned SOME KIND OF THAI ... :coffee1:

and not the sexpat classics known as: pompouille, bababobo, "short time", "bar fine", chang, pàpà.......... :passifier:

16 hours ago, Boatfreak said:

Selling is prohibited and if you do nothing they will complain that you are lazy. You can never win. I hope they speak Thai at the prefecture.

Article 446-1
La vente à la sauvette est le fait, sans autorisation ou déclaration régulière, d'offrir, de mettre en vente ou d'exposer en vue de la vente des biens ou d'exercer toute autre profession dans les lieux publics en violation des dispositions réglementaires sur la police de ces lieux. 

La vente à la sauvette est punie de six mois d'emprisonnement et de 3 750 € d'amende.

Article 446-1
Created by LOI n ° 2011-267 of March 14th, 2011 - art. 51
Selling or sale without the authorization or proper declaration to offer, offer for sale or exhibit for sale or to engage in any other occupation in public places contrary to the regulations On the police of these places.

Selling is punishable by six months' imprisonment and a fine of € 3,750.

23 hours ago, LburtonL said:

will be there next february with my thai wife.... we have to find him, I speak french born at Montreal,Quebec,Canada

You are in for a choque. Quebec joual is  looked down upon by the Parisans. As you know ,the Quebecois pur laine are mostly descended from France's poor and consisted in large part of France's undesirables. It's women were drawn from the prostitutes. Not very different from Australia's origins with the exception that the French sent women, whereas the English being English  were content with other males.  :saai: