buying a toy from amazon

Matej

Hello

I want to buy a sex toy from amazon, USA, and want I it to be shipped to BKK.

They are shipping to Thailand.

I know sex toys are illegal in Thailand and I also know I can buy this kind of stuff here, likely not this one.

My questions is what are the chances it will pass through customs and not be confiscated.

I don't want to buy stuff for ppl working at customs.

It's stainless steel, no batteries, weight around 600g, one piece,  less than 100$ ...

One of my friend suggested that it's better to buy this stuff from Japan, not America.

Less suspicious or sth. Some said no problems if it's for personal use and not making business out of it, others said it's not allowed here at all.

So how is it? There's seems to be no problem with stalls at Sukhumvit soi.

I ordered/sent many stuff on this address, but nothing like this. Never lost anything

Thanks for any info.

And by the way, it's not for me it's for a friend of mine. :smile:

Edited by Matej

My Thai gfs who are into this always tell me that they order from Australia. The shipping is cheaper and whether customs stop it or not depends on what's written on the package. You should find a company that is willing to write something like 'gift' on it. Then it will most likely pass through. 

Since it's imported, there's tax and customs duty on it but since the destination country deems it illegal, you won't pay any tax on it. It will be confiscated. Unless you refer to the advice mentioned above..don't have it shipped the normal way. 

20 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

My Thai gfs who are into this always tell me that they order from Australia. The shipping is cheaper and whether customs stop it or not depends on what's written on the package. You should find a company that is willing to write something like 'gift' on it. Then it will most likely pass through. 

Since it's imported, there's tax and customs duty on it but since the destination country deems it illegal, you won't pay any tax on it. It will be confiscated. Unless you refer to the advice mentioned above..don't have it shipped the normal way. 

OK. Thank you for info.

Does anyone know why womens and mens sex toys are banned in Thailand? Isnt that a recipe for people in the ER shoving non body safe items inside themselves? I am sorry you have to try and work around this seemingly sexist law Matej. I would like to travel with mine, but they are so expensive, I wont risk having them taken. Thanks for bringing this up, as I may have stupidly put them in my luggage. Please let me know if your purchase arrives safely.