SETV OR METV

I am leaving on 4th february to Thailand for 56 days.   This is what I do every year this time of the year with a SETV.  But now we are going 3 days to Singapore on 7th march and I think I may have a problem when we fly back in on 9th march.  I am still in Thailand then for another 24 days.  Can I leave in february with a SETV and just stay in Thailand after 9th march without visa because it's only 24 days or do I need a METV ?

• Depends on your nationality. If you qualify for entry without a visa you can get a new 30 day permit to stay without a problem. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/services.pdf 
  • Alternatively you could get a re-entry permit on exit from Thailand (1,000 baht). On re-entry the IO will give you permission to stay for the balance of the original 60 day stay.

Thanks elviajero for your reply.  I am from Belgium and normally we have 29 days free.  That's why I would get a SETV because we fly to Singapore on day 31 after my arrival and when we come back I stay only 24 days before flying back to Belgium.

3 hours ago, Loukas said:

Thanks elviajero for your reply.  I am from Belgium and normally we have 29 days free.  That's why I would get a SETV because we fly to Singapore on day 31 after my arrival and when we come back I stay only 24 days before flying back to Belgium.

You get 30 days as the day you arrive counts as day 1.

A SETV would be your best option and you should have no problem getting a visa free 30 day permit to stay when you return from Singapore.