Savannakhet SETV

4 hours ago, SicTransit said:

I've been asked for outbound ticket at most consulates. Cheap BKK-KUL tickets worked every time.

A real bus ticket out of Thailand is enough, a Finnish friend of mine produced this a few weeks ago and it was accepted

I was at the Savannakhet Consulate yesterday, 30 Jan 2017. Still a lot of people turned away for 'not knowing'. I attached a copy of my bank book, flight details and my apartment agreement along with all the passport copies etc, and was then asked to produce the originals. Fortunately I had them with me.
The guy behind the glass was getting very irate with some people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, danfred said:

Being unaware caught up with me today.  After receiving 30+ SETV over the past 10 years (all coming from the Savannakhet consulate)...  they rejected me for the first time for not having an outbound travel ticket. Can that requirement be realistically satisfied with a cheap, one-way, throw-away ticket from BKK to KUL on AirAsia or similar? Or does flyonward.com really work for $10 to satisfy this?

It appears any ticket will do. Flyonwards does work and if you're booking it the same day as using it then its actually still valid and legit ticket. I think they get cancelled after 24-48 hours, but as long as you have a printout there's no issues.

Some will of course say that they might check it, dont risk it etc, but they do a next day service, so I believe its OK, and have not had a problem, nor heard of anyone having a problem using this method. Costs $10USD.

1 hour ago, firewight said:

It appears any ticket will do. Flyonwards does work and if you're booking it the same day as using it then its actually still valid and legit ticket. I think they get cancelled after 24-48 hours, but as long as you have a printout there's no issues.

Some will of course say that they might check it, dont risk it etc, but they do a next day service, so I believe its OK, and have not had a problem, nor heard of anyone having a problem using this method. Costs $10USD.

And I suggest it's fraud. When they cotton on to this and they will, expect more than a refusal.

Uses Of Onward Tickets

By booking with FlyOnward.com, you understand that your ticket is for proof of travel only. You cannot and are not allowed to use it to fly.

You agree and assure that you are not booking an onward ticket from FlyOnward.com to do anything against the law.

You agree that you use this service because you are a traveler/tourist, you don’t have the intention to travel into a country and overstay your obtained tourist visa, or fly into a country to work illegally.

You understand that your ticket booked through FlyOnward.com is only valid for 24 hours or 48 hours depending on your selected booking option after it’s sent to you.

You are fully responsible for any incidents, that may happen outside of this website, when you use tickets booked from FlyOnward.com

How does it work? / Like a charm!

By booking an onward ticket, you need to provide us with your title, full name, date of your desired onward flight, and of course your departure country. The arrival country is optional; leave it blank and we’ll select a random one for you (recommended).

After an order is made, our staff will process the booking with your provided information. An email with your e-ticket (a PDF file) will be sent to you immediately from the airline (not from us). You can print out this ticket. The ticket will come with a “Confirmed” status which means has been paid in full. After that, you can go to the website of the airline, select “Manage My Booking” menu, input your name and booking reference code to see details of your ticket. Sounds great, right? These tickets are the real deal.

Depending on your booking option, the ticket will last for exactly 24 hours or 48 hours, so all you need to do is make sure you’re arriving at your destination within 24 hours or 48 hours of booking your onward flight with us. The ticket will be automatically canceled after that period. Contact us for a quote if you need a ticket that lasts more than 48 hours.

For $10 you get a moody ticket which states it has been paid for in full. Out and out fraud!

3 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

By booking an onward ticket, you need to provide us with your title, full name, date of your desired onward flight, and of course your departure country. The arrival country is optional; leave it blank and we’ll select a random one for you (recommended).

After an order is made, our staff will process the booking with your provided information. An email with your e-ticket (a PDF file) will be sent to you immediately from the airline (not from us). You can print out this ticket. The ticket will come with a “Confirmed” status which means has been paid in full. After that, you can go to the website of the airline, select “Manage My Booking” menu, input your name and booking reference code to see details of your ticket. Sounds great, right? These tickets are the real deal.

Depending on your booking option, the ticket will last for exactly 24 hours or 48 hours, so all you need to do is make sure you’re arriving at your destination within 24 hours or 48 hours of booking your onward flight with us. The ticket will be automatically canceled after that period. Contact us for a quote if you need a ticket that lasts more than 48 hours.

For $10 you get a moody ticket which states it has been paid for in full. Out and out fraud!

So dont use it then, no reason to harp on about it so much...

I was only offering a suggestion for people who may not have other options.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, juice777 said:

There is no point In using it anyway because you can get a bus ticket from Hat Yai to Penang for less.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Can you get this whilst in Savannakhet? If so then it seems like a good suggestion!

Just now, firewight said:

So dont use it then, no reason to harp on about it so much...

I was only offering a suggestion for people who may not have other options.

And you and others need to stop suggesting fraudulent ways to obtain visas. It's through this nonsense that Embassy's and consulates are continuing to make things harder and harder for people.

Just now, Lovethailandelite said:

And you and others need to stop suggesting fraudulent ways to obtain visas. It's through this nonsense that Embassy's and consulates are continuing to make things harder and harder for people.

Its not fraudulent as its a valid ticket at the time of booking, its an available service for those in need. & by the way I will suggest whatever I wish, its not your place to say otherwise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firewight said:

Its not fraudulent as its a valid ticket at the time of booking, its an available service for those in need. & by the way I will suggest whatever I wish, its not your place to say otherwise.

There is no ticket. What part of that do you fail to understand? There is a fraudulent confirmation THAT YOU HAVE PAID IN FULL hence you CANNOT travel and they suggest leaving it to them to pick a destination. 

Just now, Lovethailandelite said:

There is no ticket. What part of that do you fail to understand? There is a fraudulent confirmation THAT YOU HAVE PAID IN FULL hence you CANNOT travel and they suggest leaving it to them to pick a destination. 

So what you're mistakenly saying is, IF I purchased a "throw away" bus ticket, or a flight ticket at a higher cost, with no intention of using it, it's purpose is JUST TO GET MY VISA, that its not fraud?

Its exactly that. Time to get off your high horse I think.

• Like 1

So what you're mistakenly saying is, IF I purchased a "throw away" bus ticket, or a flight ticket at a higher cost, with no intention of using it, it's purpose is JUST TO GET MY VISA, that its not fraud?

Why don't you just get a cheap ticket to HCMC for 3 months time and do your next visa run there. That's what I did and it turns out Visas for Vitinam are free at the moment. I think my ticket was about 2000THB so not to much.

1 minute ago, juice777 said:

Why don't you just get a cheap ticket to HCMC for 3 months time and do your next visa run there. That's what I did and it turns out Visas for Vitinam are free at the moment. I think my ticket was about 2000THB so not to much.

That is a great and constructive suggestion!

Just now, firewight said:

I am not mistakenly saying anything but actually yes purchasing tickets with no intention of leaving the country is again, a fraudulent application. The only saving grace on actually having a proper ticket is at least people are not being led up a path that if they happen to be sitting waiting for a visa on a 'Flyonward' scam ticket and there are actually enquirers, they won't be arrested and quite possibly banged up for weeks.
All this talk about 'Flyonwards' being legitimate and safe is wrong and misleading. It isn't, it's fraud pure and simple.

That is a great and constructive suggestion!

I am actually looking forward to it I haven't been for 15 years. I haven't got a ticket back yet because I was going to come back over land through Cambodia because I haven't been there for a while to. But it turns out I might need a ticket out of Vitinam to get in lol. And then I suppose I will need one out of Thailand to get my next visa lol.

And I herd its 20THB a beer

6 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I am not mistakenly saying anything but actually yes purchasing tickets with no intention of leaving the country is again, a fraudulent application. The only saving grace on actually having a proper ticket is at least people are not being led up a path that if they happen to be sitting waiting for a visa on a 'Flyonward' scam ticket and there are actually enquirers, they won't be arrested and quite possibly banged up for weeks.
All this talk about 'Flyonwards' being legitimate and safe is wrong and misleading. It isn't, it's fraud pure and simple.

You think too much. Actually, the requirement for an outbound ticket is quite silly and useless. They should rather ask for a proper health insurance.

Well, next time I will them show an outbound ticket. A 200 Baht bus ticket. If they are happy with that, I'm happy too :)

Edited by alocacoc

6 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

we all can see your good at copy and paste ,must be a slow day on TV for you is it ,can't find nothing else to moan about !!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I am in total agreement.  I am surprised that the forum owners actually allow posts like this which essentially promote an illegal means of meeting the requirements for a visa.  Representing a fake ticket as a genuine one to meet visa requirements is fraud.  In many countries - and I suspect most of the countries where these applicants are from - anyone applying for a visa in such manner would face fraud charges and if found guilty might find themselves banned from that country for life.

Edited by mstevens

41 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

How would you do that when many people automatically have a health insurance policy activated the moment they pay for their trip with the Platinum or above credit card. No certificate of insurance is issued

Well quite simply, they would want evidence as they request .

If you can't provide it because no certificate issued tough they not interested

Whole visa and evidence situation is a mess. I can see it ending up only getting visas in home country with bank statement verified with bank stamp and similar with other docs, will be so many hoops in region it will become almost impossible even for those with genuine intentions and funds.

Problem in modern world is paper docs and certificates are thing of the past, i have several bank accounts and none have a bank book besides a thai one.

Airlines and other ticket bookings don't want printed tickets much anymore, either booking code or look at pdf or email on your phone enough !

• Like 2

It all boils down to money, really.  Money can buy outgoing tickets, a place to stay, etc.  So put an ATM next to the visa-application window, and at checkpoints, and have people print out an "available balance" slip on the spot.  They know it's not fake, because it comes from their own machine.  They can even get some income from the ATM fee. 

As far as health-insurance, if someone does not have proof, sell it on the spot.  It should not be hard to find an underwriter, and would not be terribly expensive if only useable at govt-facilities.  Yet another way to make money and cover potential liabilities.

But until that day, just gather the things they need to put in their application-stack for their boss, and let them do their job.  The guy behind the glass didn't make this stuff up.

• Like 1

^ many foreign accounts don't show a balance on atm and many tourists not going have a thai bank account .

I went on 30th and supplied what they wanted no drama and not that difficult if a tourist and have some gumption. Main issue is consulates all with differing rules which change more than the weather without warning and poor website information .

Big part down to travellers due diligence and gumption prior to travel though, ammount see without slightest clue and total daydream is shocking .

Edited by BuckBee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Further to a new thread that I started, which has rightfully be closed, as I didn't know about this one.

My friend was refused today because he didn't have a ticket out of Thailand. He had 20000 cash in his pocket that they said was fine.

He tried to explain his situation but to no avail.

I had heard of people getting tourist visas in Savannakhet with out tickets and/or money. Seems they have tightened up again. The guy across the road even asked my friend if he wanted to go ahead with the photocopying as he knew the application would be refused.

41 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Further to a new thread that I started, which has rightfully be closed, as I didn't know about this one.

My friend was refused today because he didn't have a ticket out of Thailand. He had 20000 cash in his pocket that they said was fine.

He tried to explain his situation but to no avail.

I had heard of people getting tourist visas in Savannakhet with out tickets and/or money. Seems they have tightened up again. The guy across the road even asked my friend if he wanted to go ahead with the photocopying as he knew the application would be refused.

It is not a new thing or them tightening up, they have been asking for proof of funds and onward travel since the start of the year.

Cash is not accepted as proof in savannakhet, it must be a printed bank statement or bank book.

Edited by Doiger

3 minutes ago, Doiger said:

It is not a new thing or them tightening up, they have been asking for proof of funds and onward travel since the start of the year.

Cash is not accepted as proof in savannakhet, it must be a printed bank statement or bank book.

Did you not read before you quoted?

It clearly states the the gentleman's 20000 cash was accepted. 

I too have known tourist visas to be issued in Savannakhet with out the stated requirements.  All within the last month or so.