Savannakhet SETV

The tickets are bone fide and original, at the time of printing them...
Unless they have a way too log in to airline computers, I cant see this as being a problem (and it wasnt for my visa).
Lets not forget they are looking at the papers in your hand, then allowing you to submit them (or not), I doubt they have time to even look at an external website for every visa. The fact you have a ticket in your hand is more than likely enough.
Until it is proven otherwise that is...

I looked at the website site and it sounds a lot better then I thought. But if a bus ticket is ok and cheaper better go with that if you ask me. Also what might happen when you go back to the same Embassy in 3 months time will they ask you why you didn't fly to where u was going before. Especially if you have to produce another ticket. I am going to get a cheap ticket to penang and maybe even get a visa there. Then my passport says I have been to the country I produced the ticket before just in case they put your ticket on file. This might be overkill but I am not bending the rules and who knows what might happen in the next 3 months. It's only 300THB so if I have to change my plans it doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, juice777 said:

I looked at the website site and it sounds a lot better then I thought. But if a bus ticket is ok and cheaper better go with that if you ask me. Also what might happen when you go back to the same Embassy in 3 months time will they ask you why you didn't fly to where u was going before. Especially if you have to produce another ticket. I am going to get a cheap ticket to penang and maybe even get a visa there. Then my passport says I have been to the country I produced the ticket before just in case they put your ticket on file. This might be overkill but I am not bending the rules and who knows what might happen in the next 3 months. It's only 300THB so if I have to change my plans it doesn't matter.

Yeah for sure, but then, plans change often, it shouldnt be a drama as long as they see you have left.

4 minutes ago, juice777 said:

They are very unlikely to question you about  your previous visa and whether you left and went to the destination of your previous ticket

Yeah for sure, but then, plans change often, it shouldnt be a drama as long as they see you have left.

Lets say I go to Savannakhet and produce a Ticket to say France for the 17th of April. They say ok heres your visa then on the 17th of April I am back in Savannakhet again with a ticket to the USA. Within those 3 months they might have herd about this website like the other guy said about Bali. They have kept my previous ticket on file it don't take a genius to work out what I have done. No visa for you. Better you actually go to. The place you are saying you are going to (if you can) just to play it safe IMO

They are very unlikely to question you about  your previous visa and whether you left and went to the destination of your previous ticket

At the moment but we all know everything is changing. I am going to play it safe get a cheap ticket to Penang and combine a visa run with a few days on a beach in the south of Thailand on the way there and back again. That way I wont have to be on a bus for 16 hours at time. If I change my mind or the rules change again just throw the ticket away it's only 300THB.

2 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Lets say I go to Savannakhet and produce a Ticket to say France for the 17th of April. They say ok heres your visa then on the 17th of April I am back in Savannakhet again with a ticket to the USA. Within those 3 months they might have herd about this website like the other guy said about Bali. They have kept my previous ticket on file it don't take a genius to work out what I have done. No visa for you. Better you actually go to. The place you are saying you are going to (if you can) just to play it safe IMO

Its best to rotate where you apply anyway, dont go back to back at savannakhet 

i think you are fretting too much about every aspect of this:

They will not dig through tonnes of paperwork to cross check where your last flight ticket was bound for

have a bank statement

have an onward ticket

have 20k cash

go get your visa

relax :)

• Like 2

I might be Fretting I won't argue with that. But play it safe if you ask me I wouldn't Hire ticket especially when the bus ticket is cheaper. You said 20000THB cash it had to be a bank statement.

I will take both

i said an onward ticket; hire or not thats up to you. 

Jai yenๆ ??

I wonder if Vientiane asking now for the same paperwork. I didn't see any reports which would suggest that. Or i missed it.

There was some here say about one guy being refused a visa there but nothing concrete. Apparently there is a new guy at the window at Savannakhet that might have something to do with it just following the rules to the T, The fact that it 20000THB for 3 months says a lot apparently it a 30 year old law.

Apparently there is a new guy at the window at Savannakhet that might have something to do with it.......

I would thought there are more than only one person who do the job. I went on the 13th December there. At the window was a relatively young male. Apart from the Visa-application i showed only a Thai Bank statement.

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

Thanks. The link posted by juice777 does also offer intl. buses. But indeed, it's a bit a crappy site :)

ubonjoe, you are probably the person with the most knowledge about visa issues on this forum. Do you think, a simple bus ticket to Malaysia or Myanmar will be ok?

The notice states that they will accept them. So I assume they will. I think a train ticket would also be accepted.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

I wonder if Vientiane asking now for the same paperwork. I didn't see any reports which would suggest that. Or i missed it.

I was there Monday and Tuesday this week, they are not asking for the same as Savan and there is no notice

I got a TV (with a visa run group) with no issues, just PP, form and photos required

• Like 2

Just now, darrendsd said:

I was there Monday and Tuesday this week, they are not asking for the same as Savan and there is no notice

I got a TV (with a visa run group) with no issues, just PP, form and photos required

May i ask how many TV you had before in your current passport?

May i ask how many TV you had before in your current passport?

That's the problem the reason I go to Savannakhet (one of the most boring towns I have ever been 2) is because I don't want to many from Vintanine . I have been to Savannakhet twice now maybe I should take the risk and go to Vintanine. But I am worried I will get some sort of stamp in my passport which will mean I can't get any anywhere.

Just now, juice777 said:

That's the problem the reason I go to Savannakhet (one of the most boring towns I have ever been 2) is because I don't want to many from Vintanine . I have been to Savannakhet twice now maybe I should take the risk and go to Vintanine. But I am worried I will get some sort of stamp in my passport which will mean I can't get any anywhere.

Actually Savannakhet was quite nice. Due a holiday I had to stay a day longer than planned. Now, on my current passport is 1 METV from my home country, 1 TV from Vientiane and 1 TV from Savannakhet. I don't know now where to go next time. But i still have 2 months time to decide and see what other runners will report.

How many do you have in total?

and visa exempts?

how many from vientiane?

Have you been to phnom penh?

PP takes 3 days, but have agents to do it all, so you can enjoy the cultural highlights

getting a new passport will also reset the clock with regard to embassies/consulates

Actually Savannakhet was quite nice. Due a holiday I had to stay a day longer than planned. Now, on my current passport is 1 METV from my home country, 1 TV from Vientiane and 1 TV from Savannakhet. I don't know now where to go next time. But i still have 2 months time to decide and see what other runners will report.

I think you might still be ok in Vientiane because you haven't got 2 in a row there but please do some more research

I have a triple from London a double from Vientiane, 2 singles from Vintanine then 2 singles from Savannakhet.

So I think it might be a risk for me 2 try Vintanine. I don't want the red stamp.

I think you might still be ok in Vientiane because you haven't got 2 in a row there but please do some more research

I have a triple from London a double from Vientiane, 2 singles from Vintanine then 2 singles from Savannakhet.

So I think it might be a risk for me 2 try Vintanine. I don't want the red stamp.

I understand. A new passport might indeed reset the count. But, my embassy ask me why I need a new passport since there are plenty empty pages left. Last time, the passport coincidentally fall into water just at the right time :)

I don't know if its rise another red flag if this happen again.

I understand. A new passport might indeed reset the count. But, my embassy ask me why I need a new passport since there are plenty empty pages left. Last time, the passport coincidentally fall into water just at the right time :)

I don't know if its rise another red flag if this happen again.

I would just tell them I am going backpacking around the world and need all the pages. Why not I did many years ago and nearly filled one up on one long trip. Last time I got a new one I paid more to get more pages, I regret that now.

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

It sounds like you are still due for 3 in Phnom Penh and 3 from Penang - preferably mix-and-match - though you could also go to Myanmar, or Hong Kong - maybe HCMC.  Be prepared to show money and/or tickets going forward, though.

I always save the "new passport" routine until after the "red stamp."   And save your "visa-exempts" for a case where a visa-run goes terribly wrong (when/if they change the rules at some consulate before you find out about it here).

• Like 1

It sounds like you are still due for 3 in Phnom Penh and 3 from Penang - preferably mix-and-match - though you could also go to Myanmar, or Hong Kong - maybe HCMC.  Be prepared to show money and/or tickets going forward, though.

I always save the "new passport" routine until after the "red stamp."   And save your "visa-exempts" for a case where a visa-run goes terribly wrong (when/if they change the rules at some consulate before you find out about it here).

Thanks for the info I thought Phnom Penh was out of the question because I herd they count your visas in your passport. Which is a shame because I would like 2 go back there.

Can you tell me how much proof of funds you need for Penang and Hong Kong /HCMC is it 20000THB?

And do they all ask for tickets out of Thailand.

Thanks

2 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Go to Penang bro! Use an agent, maybe some place in Chulia Street..(Jim's Place..)

54 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Thanks for the info I thought Phnom Penh was out of the question because I herd they count your visas in your passport. Which is a shame because I would like 2 go back there.

Can you tell me how much proof of funds you need for Penang and Hong Kong /HCMC is it 20000THB?

And do they all ask for tickets out of Thailand.

Thanks

There have been mixed-reports out of Phnom Penh.   The one sure-thing is that 3 from them is the max.  I had no problem with 2 in a row from PP, with 4 previous visas from elsewhere in my passport (plus evidence of a transferred one).   The key was to show over $1K USD worth of money (advise of agent), which I did with a Thai Bank Book (they copied the whole thing, both times) - and I did not need a plane-ticket.  But my experience there ~2 months ago may not reflect current reality, given how things change - and I am in my late 40s, that may also work in my favor (just speculation, but anecdotal evidence seemed to indicate younger folks were having more trouble).

Penang is probably the most-certain based on recent reports.  About 6 mo ago they started counting other consulate's visas, and extra tea-money was required to overcome this (~3000 Baht) - but no reports of that recently.   Calling and asking at Bananna Guesthouse or Jim's Place would be a good step to see what the current climate is for those with your "in-passport" Thai-visa history. 

Bottom line is it is always a bit of a crap-shoot, since they each just make up rules, and/or enforce "real" rules (or not), on the fly.   The 20K Baht is a "real" rule, btw, so always at least have that - but I would guess that the more you can show, the less likely you are to be denied.

• Like 1

I wonder if this all has to do with the temporary lifting of visa fees, and some perception within the dept. that it'll encourage the deadbeats & tourist visa abusers.  Perhaps the new demands will subside once they're charging the normal fees again.

24 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

I wonder if this all has to do with the temporary lifting of visa fees, and some perception within the dept. that it'll encourage the deadbeats & tourist visa abusers.  Perhaps the new demands will subside once they're charging the normal fees again.

I think it is more a general crackdown on long term residence in Thailand on tourist entries by those who may be working without work permits. The sense I receive is that they want to reduce the numbers of such people through various initiatives:. Limiting visa exempt entry through land borders (making in/out entries more expensive) and examining bank books (to see if the visa applicant has overseas finances sufficient to fund stay without working) are two such ideas. The replacement of double entry and triple entry visas with the METV (only available in home country) was an earlier related move. I think the temporary waiving of fees for tourist visas is largely, if not wholly, irrelevant. The big question in my mind is whether there will be a further tightening elsewhere (outside of home country) of requirements when issuing tourist visas.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

I think it is more a general crackdown on long term residence in Thailand on tourist entries by those who may be working without work permits. The sense I receive is that they want to reduce the numbers of such people through various initiatives:. Limiting visa exempt entry through land borders (making in/out entries more expensive) and examining bank books (to see if the visa applicant has overseas finances sufficient to fund stay without working) are two such ideas. The replacement of double entry and triple entry visas with the METV (only available in home country) was an earlier related move. I think the temporary waiving of fees for tourist visas is largely, if not wholly, irrelevant. The big question in my mind is whether there will be a further tightening elsewhere (outside of home country) of requirements when issuing tourist visas.

Could be.  I don't really see any reason to believe though that working without work permit is the one and only t-v abuse - tho' an important one to be sure - they feel they have to deal with.  But maybe.  I guess I kind o' thought they'd already made some significant progress on the illegal working thing, but it definitely IS the Thai way to just scrutinize anything and everything "foreigner" these days.