THAILAND Privilege Card Co (TPC), issuer of the Thailand Elite Card, is preparing to launch new products

webfact

My family has it too with two supplementary cards that cost 300,000 baht each all with full unlimited benefits. Its a great card, if you enjoy massages, golf, and are a frequent traveler. The only reason why the Thailand Elite went south was because hundreds of millions was stolen under thaksins administration, nothing was done about it. Other than that, it would have been a sustainable scheme given how much members sign up initially. 

Thaksin did overestimated how many people would want one.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

They need a one year Elite Card option, renewable yearly. 

Loads of new customers would signup if they could pay 100k yearly, but they dont want to pay 5 years of fees in advance under the current program.

They will see there sales skyrocket if they do it have a yearly option. Its a "no brainer".

Agree.. Even make it 120 or something.. As it expires just prior to the visa expiry I expect renewals would actually be pretty good. 

My buddy is forced into paying bent visa agents 30k - 40k a year to make him visas because of the way immigration interpret the rules (he can never wait to the end of a permission of stay, due to work scheduling) for no perks and a bunch of hassle. 

Edited by LivinLOS

"the company was ordered to halt operations for years because of the fear of land grabs, as well as internal management problem"

Do not think it would be wise to spend B500,000 minimum for membership in a service company that may or may not be in business tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, KenKadz said:

"the company was ordered to halt operations for years because of the fear of land grabs, as well as internal management problem"

Do not think it would be wise to spend B500,000 minimum for membership in a service company that may or may not be in business tomorrow.

Wrong.The company never halted operations at all. What the company did do was not accept any more memberships while it was being restructured. Nobody lost anything and have never lost anything in the 14 years the program has been running despite TV members at every given opportunity,posting how the program is on the point of collapse. When you buy a membership your visa is perfectly safe as immigration would of been paid for current and future visas. What could happen (Although very unlikely considering its now a very viable and profitable company) and that's in the terms and conditions, is any privileges, Limos, Golf etc etc  could be curtailed but also in the terms is a clause where should this happen then you would be compensated for the amount of time lost in your membership.
Anyway, please don't let your thoughts back up your financial position of not being able to afford the program.

10 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Yeah, it is called moving to Cambodia and spending time in Malaysia.  Flights between the two countries are as low as B1000 each way.  These cards are for people who are just not very adventuresome and have not explored the options. 

Do you actually know those "people" of whom you judge? I'm a very happy member of the Thai Elite program .... and I'm very adventurous and frequently fly throughout Asia and the rest of the world, using my Thailand home as a hub. 

Also, after a very thorough exploration of all the options, I chose the Thai Elite service and very happily paid the 500,000 baht fee. And after two years as a member, I'm very happy with the service and benefits.

After managing my business for 35 years, I'm now retired and am glad to pay for some luxuries in my life at a time when I have more money than years left to spend it.

Don't knee-jerk assume that because someone chooses to spend their own hard-earned money differently than you do, that they're stupid and you're smart. 

Edited by HerbalEd

11 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Yeah, it is called moving to Cambodia and spending time in Malaysia.  Flights between the two countries are as low as B1000 each way.  These cards are for people who are just not very adventuresome and have not explored the options. 

LOL I didn't consider moving to Cambodia and spending time in Malaysia to be an acceptable option. 

12 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Are you sure they are actually making money? Previous cards lost in excess of a billion baht.

post-128-1233202196.png

How old is this article? 

Edited by dcnx

6 hours ago, mike324 said:

<snip for brevity>

Thaksin did overestimated how many people would want one.

:clap2:

...  at that price  ...    at that price of a Million-Baht, it was a good sound-bite, but ignored a basic economic principle, that Demand usually (not always) increases as Price falls !  And he pitched it too high !

He thought that there were an awful lot of farangs who'd stump up readily, which I for one am happy to admit I considered doing, despite my not playing golf or wanting free-massages or caring about being treated as Elite at the airport !  I'm not hi-so, and don't care (much) about face, because I'm a farang.

I could well have gone for it, purely for the permanent avoidance of visa-hassles at Immigration & the convenience of buying a small bit of land in-my-own-name, and at a sensible price.  I still might, especially if that latter benefit were to be reinstated. 

Remember that this scheme was originally floated towards the end of the global boom, things were different then  ...  but IMO there were never a million foreigners (farang or asian) willing to pay a million Baht up-front, for the privilege of living here.

I wonder what (if any) market-research was done, that showed that there was that level of demand ?

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

How old is this article? 

About 7 years at least but I think more like 8 years old.

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

:clap2:

...  at that price  ...    at that price of a Million-Baht, it was a good sound-bite, but ignored a basic economic principle, that Demand usually (not always) increases as Price falls !  And he pitched it too high !

He thought that there were an awful lot of farangs who'd stump up readily, which I for one am happy to admit I considered doing, despite my not playing golf or wanting free-massages or caring about being treated as Elite at the airport !  I'm not hi-so, and don't care (much) about face, because I'm a farang.

I could well have gone for it, purely for the permanent avoidance of visa-hassles at Immigration & the convenience of buying a small bit of land in-my-own-name, and at a sensible price.  I still might, especially if that latter benefit were to be reinstated. 

Remember that this scheme was originally floated towards the end of the global boom, things were different then  ...  but IMO there were never a million foreigners (farang or asian) willing to pay a million Baht up-front, for the privilege of living here.

I wonder what (if any) market-research was done, that showed that there was that level of demand ?

If you had of taken the original at the time, you would now be sitting on a Visa for life, albeit without the privileges of cars, Golf etc. That was a deal the original members got when the terms of the original program were changed. 

16 hours ago, smedly said:

must admit I am shocked to discover that this card is operated by a private company, I always thought it was a government scheme

how are they able to offer visa as a private company - I would also like to know who owns this outfit

weird

Operated by yes, but with approval of the government, immigration, etc.  I look at it as a fancy government sub contractor. 

Sorry to try and bring this back on topic:

Anyone know any details about what new products they are launching? Or is this a reference to the new products they launched last year (the 20 year for 1M, and other similar offers) ?

Thank you.

NEWS  not sure "what" they are trying to say here exactly? seems like accompanying family  passengers dont get special treatment.........which I would of thought is normal anyway?

At this stage, Thailand Elite received a very warm welcome by our new members, 716 for the last twelve months and we are expecting even higher number for the next twelve months. With these new numbers arising, we have been instructed by Immigration Bureau to concentrate our express airport service particularly at the immigration counter designate for Thailand Elite member only. However, we are truly aware that your family members and your guests is important to you, and we have done the best we could to serve you and yours accompany recently.

With this instruction from the Immigration Bureau, we have no choice but to comply with, hence, we are sorry to inform you that, we are not able to provide the express airport service toward yours accompany.

Lastly, please be informed that this new procedure will be effective on February 1, 2017.

9 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

About 7 years at least but I think more like 8 years old.

If you had of taken the original at the time, you would now be sitting on a Visa for life, albeit without the privileges of cars, Golf etc. That was a deal the original members got when the terms of the original program were changed. 

Yes, and I'd be happy, then or now, to pay B100k for that Visa-for-life, but not a million or more.  :biggrin:

Call me cheap-charlie, or call me a good businessman, but there's a maximum-price I'd pay for the convenience & security, when there are still other more-established alternatives which allow me to live here.

And I would have lost the other important-to-me feature, the right to own land in my own name, which was promised initially but not delivered.

The risk of later governments changing the deal unilaterally was one factor which deterred me. Events proved me right about that.

But perhaps one of these latest new deals may meet my current requirements, over a decade later, I'll look forward to seeing and maintain an open mind.

Edited by Ricardo
Sorry, problem with my space-bar.

2 hours ago, JayBird said:

Sorry to try and bring this back on topic:

Anyone know any details about what new products they are launching? Or is this a reference to the new products they launched last year (the 20 year for 1M, and other similar offers) ?

Thank you.

Reading the press release it comes across as there are to be some 'Add on's' to the all ready running programs and not any new packages. I of course could be wrong though and new packages may well be announced in the next few weeks.

21 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Yes, and I'd be happy, then or now, to pay B100k for that Visa-for-life, but not a million or more.  :biggrin:

Call me cheap-charlie, or call me a good businessman, but there's a maximum-price I'd pay for the convenience & security, when there are still other more-established alternatives which allow me to live here.

And I would have lost the other important-to-me feature, the right to own land in my own name, which was promised initially but not delivered.

The risk of later governments changing the deal unilaterally was one factor which deterred me. Events proved me right about that.

But perhaps one of these latest new deals may meet my current requirements, over a decade later, I'll look forward to seeing and maintain an open mind.

I think you may well have a rather long waiting period before a visa for B100K for life is announced. If your happy to use other avenues which allow you a long term stay here then I am happy for you too. If though, that means using back to back tourist visa's then IMO that door is gradually being closed and within 12-18 months, I see it being locked and bolted completely. I more than qualify for other avenues such as a retirement extension ( I wish I never lol) but fact is I much prefer the TE program of being able to come and go as I please with no need for re-entry permits and get a genuine welcome whenever I enter the Kingdom. It's trouble free. No questioning and a brand new 12 month stamp in my passport on each and every entry. The very last thing I want is dealings with immigration and paperwork on a yearly basis.

26 minutes ago, Tony45 said:

Would love THB100 000 retirement visa for life. 90 day reporting no worries. I dream.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

There's no harm in dreaming, and there's no harm either in customers (us !) telling the supplier (the Thai government or Thailand Elite) what we actually want, and are willing to pay for it.

After all, they want us Good Guys In, don't they ?

Dreams do sometimes come true ! :smile:

I would pay THB1.000.000 for lifetime visa. Alternatively, I would also pay 50.000 annually for easy visa. Not sure how much my extension of stay costs me now, guess around 6k with reentry permit etc. Just utterly despise the paperwork, time spent and especially stupid banking requirements.
I would also pay 1.000 baht each time to use fast track, if not travelling in business.

5 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

What concerns me is that the Thai banking system have no guarantees/ insurance (that I know of) to confirm a large long term deposit, is safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Thai banking system has at this time a far better guarantee than almost any banking system in the western economy!

The Thai government (cabinet), on 26 April 2016 has decided to extend the deposit protection in view of 'uncertain economic conditions'. Up to 10 August 2016 deposits are protected up to 25 million baht.
Thereafter, protection will be in place for 15 million baht in deposits between Aug 11, 2016 and Aug 10, 2018; for 10 million between Aug 11, 2018 and Aug 10, 2019; for 5 million between Aug 11, 2019 and Aug 10, 2020; and for 1 million by Aug 11, 2020.

6 minutes ago, StefanBBK said:

I would pay THB1.000.000 for lifetime visa. Alternatively, I would also pay 50.000 annually for easy visa. Not sure how much my extension of stay costs me now, guess around 6k with reentry permit etc. Just utterly despise the paperwork, time spent and especially stupid banking requirements.
I would also pay 1.000 baht each time to use fast track, if not travelling in business.

THB 1 million will buy you 20 years at this particular time so not so far off a lifetime for many here :smile: 

4 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

There has been an amendment after the Cabinet meeting on the 26th August. See my previous post.

The Thai government (cabinet), on 26 April 2016 has decided to extend the deposit protection in view of 'uncertain economic conditions'. Up to 10 August 2016 deposits are protected up to 25 million baht.
Thereafter, protection will be in place for 15 million baht in deposits between Aug 11, 2016 and Aug 10, 2018; for 10 million between Aug 11, 2018 and Aug 10, 2019; for 5 million between Aug 11, 2019 and Aug 10, 2020; and for 1 million by Aug 11, 2020.

2 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Theres people routinely paying 25 - 40k a year to have agents do thier legal visa extensions.. And you think 100k for life is anything like an accepted price.. 

I think if they did 100k a year they would go like hotcakes.. 

13 minutes ago, StefanBBK said:

I would want a true lifetime visa. Not renewable 5 year options.

Once you pay your money, then Immigration has the money for your visa for the next 20 years or how ever long you decide to pay for. That's how it works. Every 5 years a new visa is then inserted into your passport providing that passport has at least 5 years validity. They couldn't possibly insert a visa into a passport for 20 years that is only valued for 10 years maximum for UK citizens at least.
20 yrs is a long time ahead and we can all keep saying 'what if'. Fact is there are no guarantees in life. There is no cast iron guarantee you, me or anybody else you care to pick out will make it through the next 24 hours.Life is what it is.Be happy and make the best of what is on offer at any particular time and enjoy.

32 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Even the Thai elite visa requires 90 day reporting. 

Unless you have PR Status, everybody needs to report (Mostly) if you have an entry that allows a stay over 90 days. At least if you live in Bangkok, Chang Mai, Pattaya and Phuket then TE will do the report for you for free if you want them too. People on the TE program mostly like to travel anyway. Myself, I haven't done a report for 4 years. I have loads of time being retired to have a run out and back and have absolutely zero issues with immigration. Then again, how hard is it to do a 90 day report?  I could do it myself and still only lose an hour or so every 3 months out of my busy schedule :smile: