Need To Buy Condo Near Bkk Airport

Hi, I travel through BKK about 4 or 5 times a month. Arrive late night on a flight and usually fly out first thing in the morning, though sometimes spend a day or two in BKK. It gets expensive always staying at a hotel and I don't like those cheap fleabag hotels that go for about 1000 baht a night. So I'm thinking of buying a condo near the airport, which would only be used by me to sleep overnight and so I don't care about having some large nice condo. Just a shoebox is fine as long as it is close with fast easy access to the airport, very clean and preferably a new build, and isn't in the flight path of the airport. I don't want to spend more than 1 million baht. Hopefully it will also serve as an investment, but that's not my primary purpose and if it doesn't go up in price then that's not going to hurt me. If a 1-bedroom isn't much more than a studio then I'd probably go for the 1-bedroom being studios are usually pretty hard to sell in the future and not such a good investment.

Any suggestions on what area I should be looking at? I heard that the area called Bangna (sp?), nearby a Central Department store is good. Anyone have any idea about that place if it's convenient to get to/from the airport? I'd prefer something that can be accessed by public transportation, bus and/or train link when it's finished. Is the train link going to connect to Bangna or any other place close by? Are there late-night buses that run from the airport to Bangna? How many minutes can I expect it to take by taxi? By bus?

I know I can go visit a real-estate agent and get lots of questions answered, but I don't really trust those guys because I'm sure they're primary interest is just to make a sale, even if they have to lie a bit. I know I've got to do my homework, but hopefully someone can set me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I travel through BKK about 4 or 5 times a month. Arrive late night on a flight and usually fly out first thing in the morning, though sometimes spend a day or two in BKK. It gets expensive always staying at a hotel and I don't like those cheap fleabag hotels that go for about 1000 baht a night. So I'm thinking of buying a condo near the airport, which would only be used by me to sleep overnight and so I don't care about having some large nice condo. Just a shoebox is fine as long as it is close with fast easy access to the airport, very clean and preferably a new build, and isn't in the flight path of the airport. I don't want to spend more than 1 million baht. Hopefully it will also serve as an investment, but that's not my primary purpose and if it doesn't go up in price then that's not going to hurt me. If a 1-bedroom isn't much more than a studio then I'd probably go for the 1-bedroom being studios are usually pretty hard to sell in the future and not such a good investment.

Any suggestions on what area I should be looking at? I heard that the area called Bangna (sp?), nearby a Central Department store is good. Anyone have any idea about that place if it's convenient to get to/from the airport? I'd prefer something that can be accessed by public transportation, bus and/or train link when it's finished. Is the train link going to connect to Bangna or any other place close by? Are there late-night buses that run from the airport to Bangna? How many minutes can I expect it to take by taxi? By bus?

I know I can go visit a real-estate agent and get lots of questions answered, but I don't really trust those guys because I'm sure they're primary interest is just to make a sale, even if they have to lie a bit. I know I've got to do my homework, but hopefully someone can set me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot!

There are a few district that is close by the new Airport that you might also want to consider - example Pravet, Bang Na, minburi, saphan sung, suan lung, etc.

Here is a query I tried on ThaiListing for Condo near district close by airport.

The site query a bunch of thai real estate website and translate them to english search - this might give you ideas of a million baht would buy. Good luck on your search.

There are a few district that is close by the new Airport that you might also want to consider - example Pravet, Bang Na, minburi, saphan sung, suan lung, etc.

Here is a query I tried on ThaiListing for Condo near district close by airport.

It might be worth also to include "Lad Kra bung" as it is called in the search engine of dannyb's link. On many maps it's called Lat Krabang (or Lad Krabang) and is is the district bordering the airport area to the North.

Thanks for that link! Looks like lots of condos available for even cheaper than I was expecting. If any of them are decent enough, it'll be a lot cheaper in the long term to own rather than pay several thousand baht per night for hotel rooms.