Teaching now most popular career choice for Thai children: survey

webfact

Teaching now most popular career choice for children: survey
By The Nation

0a8c5b2adae5ca1e93e0bb77d6798273.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- MOST THAI children now want to become a teacher when they finish their studies, according to a survey, edging a career as a doctor into second spot after seven years at the top.

The “coolest” job for youngsters is being a soldier, the 8th Annual Career Survey of Thai Children conducted by Adecco Group found, while parents remain their biggest idols.

Most children said they dreamed of becoming teachers because they wanted to educate youngsters and teach them to be good people.

A career as a doctor was knocked into second place for the first time, followed by soldier, athlete and police officer.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30303857

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-11

"soldier" oh  really...................why not a  career as a  village  idiot, seems popular by me.... sorry for the future generation if "this  lot" is "teaching" them thats for sure, parents remain their biggest idols.....................how cheesy is that, wonder if they really interviewed the  kisd  or  not or  just interviewed the indoctrination of Thainess head instead

Edited by kannot

"...Most children said they dreamed of becoming teachers..."

dream.png

Probable, while they were in class !!!

Then again, as George Bernard Shaw said (in "Maxims for Revolutionists"), "He who can, does; he who cannot, teaches".

What age was surveyed? As with all surveys how was the question asked?

I was teaching the topic "Jobs, what I want to do" to P5 the other week. I had about 8 cartoon depictions of various jobs on the board.
"Soldier" had a cute puppy marching beside him. "Policeman" was riding a big motorbike.
All the girls wanted to be soldiers, all the boys wanted to be policemen. Except one bright child, who announced out of the blue that she wanted to be a graphic designer - quite impressive for an 11 year old!
I don't know about soldiers being cool - I was a soldier for many years, and I can remember being bl**dy cold on many occasions!

:)

The daughter of friends of mine said she wishes to be a teacher, I asked why?

Thinking her reply might be something like she wanted to improve the standard of Thai children..

Her actual reply was it holds a good status position, has a reasonable salary, but best of all as it is a government post, it comes with health benefits for her & the family!

Research shows that abused children frequently become abusers in later life, so what better occupation for a young Thai who has been abused by their teachers, than to become a teacher.

I believe that normally sadists  have to pay big money for some male or female masochist to feed your particular fetish, but become a Teacher in Thailand and you can wail on boys and girls without consequence...and they will pay you!

Why wouldn't they choose it as a career?

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The daughter of friends of mine said she wishes to be a teacher, I asked why?

Thinking her reply might be something like she wanted to improve the standard of Thai children..

Her actual reply was it holds a good status position, has a reasonable salary, but best of all as it is a government post, it comes with health benefits for her & the family!

I would say that the reasons she gives are the reasons are common.

15 hours ago, UnkleMoooose said:

So the blind will lead the blind.

exactly.

I wonder for example what those motorsaay-gang-kids later want to educate youngsters or how they teach them to be  good people? Like: "How to tune your Honda Wave up to 17hp", "How to make your girlfriend make money for you", "how to waste your time playing billard" "how to avoid any kind of contraceptives"?