2017 All Food Related.restaurants,recipes, Suggestions Etc...

• 3 weeks later...

New Potatos:

Found in 3 pre-packed sizes in Tops yesterday @THB 45 to 90 each. I couldn't read anything meaningful on the labels but they tasted great this evening with a bit of butter :)

HTH

Edited by evadgib

On 1/27/2017 at 7:12 PM, evadgib said:

New Potatos:

Found in 3 pre-packed sizes in Tops yesterday @THB 45 to 90 each. I couldn't read anything meaningful on the labels but they tasted great this evening with a bit of butter :)

HTH

Only one size left....

• 3 weeks later...
New Potatos:

HTH

They have them in BigC and Tesco now, different brands than Tops.
The ones in Tesco looked really good, totally round, 55 baht per kilo from some royal project.

They even have little bigger in my closest Tesco express.

On 2/13/2017 at 7:11 PM, PoorSucker said:

They have them in BigC and Tesco now, different brands than Tops.
The ones in Tesco looked really good, totally round, 55 baht per kilo from some royal project.

They even have little bigger in my closest Tesco express.

Those seen today in Tesco Chaweng were not what we Brits call New Potatos. The ones in my OP came pretty close to Jersey Royals.

http://www.jerseyroyals.co.uk/

HTH

Edited by evadgib

• 2 months later...

In Bang Por, (Po)  Samui, there are a number of good restaurants to try... 

Bang Por Seafood, is long established and good reputation (especially with locals) 

White Pearl Restaurant and Resort,  Good food, has pool table too! 

Top Seafood Restaurant.  newer guys on the block,  .... (Chinese owned) food is good~ ! Caters to wedding parties ... looks attractive with the red Chinese lanterns

Swiss Restaurant long established and good food too! 

All can have sunset views during the summer months at least! Looking to Marine Park and Koh Phangan! 

IMG_0915.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:35 PM, samuijimmy said:

In Bang Por, (Po)  Samui, there are a number of good restaurants to try... 

Bang Por Seafood, is long established and good reputation (especially with locals) 

I've always recommended this restaurant as you will know Jim.

Unfortunately it seems to have changed ownership or management. Today is the second time we have been there in the past month and the food and staff are completely different. The food was terrible and completely different to what we have eaten there in the past. When my wife complained, the guy in charge said that if we didn't like the food we shouldn't come back again. We won't, perhaps as one us was completely white and looks like a tourist he thought we all are.

Complete crap, old seafood and extremely disappointing as this was one of our favourite restaurants on Samui. 

Long established perhaps, reputation tarnished. Not recommended in any way at all other than the nice location. Buy a coconut drink, enjoy the view and eat elsewhere.

Edited by TheLobster
clarification

7 hours ago, TheLobster said:

I've always recommended this restaurant as you will know Jim.

Unfortunately it seems to have changed ownership or management. Today is the second time we have been there in the past month and the food and staff are completely different. The food was terrible and completely different to what we have eaten there in the past. When my wife complained, the guy in charge said that if we didn't like the food we shouldn't come back again. We won't, perhaps as one us was completely white and looks like a tourist he thought we all are.

Complete crap, old seafood and extremely disappointing as this was one of our favourite restaurants on Samui. 

Long established perhaps, reputation tarnished. Not recommended in any way at all other than the nice location. Buy a coconut drink, enjoy the view and eat elsewhere.

The owners are one of my neighbours, I've not heard they have sold the restaurant... I don't see them too often but will investigate! They do not speak English so makes it a little more difficult to communicate...Last meal I had there with a large group, all was good...about 6 weeks ago.... hmmm???... always a line of cars parked out side, especially on Sunday evenings.

There are number of other restaurants in the area, serve seafood... the newest being the Top Seafood restaurant a bit further down the road... (used to be Relax 2)  that could be worth a try!

• 5 weeks later...

New Indian restaurant  opens in  Chong Mon area

Babu's India Hot restaurant (Maenam) has opened a second location...

Right side of  BJ Pharmacy.

Babu on left, with his staff.

QheYN6UHRwZXw78CZFj6zgWZjGruQzGBHi8NG7pc

TvbqvZQ3LQNXugbazXYOkdTuWgM3tSKPuiLDRy4d

XuiKcBV2mYecbuF9bu6Jsg08gtgJdjTs10-9FAag

Room for expansion upstairs...

Edited by samuijimmy