Airport Bus

Lancelot01

I have been told that the bus from Hua Hin to the Suvarnabhmi Airport (BKK) no longer leaves from or arrives at the bus station Soi 94 - 96 but will depart /arrive at the new bus station opposite the Post Office next to Hua Hin Airport.

Bit of a nuisance to get there now!!

32 minutes ago, bluebluewater said:

It now costs more to take a tuk tuk from the location where the VIP bus use to be to its new location than it does to take the bus to BKK.  Their only location to do a walk-up booking is at the new place as well.

You many want to book on their website instead: http://airporthuahinbus.com/hua-hin-suvarnabhumi-airport-bus-schedule-timetable

Yes, a taxi ride out there will not be under 200 Baht, where the bus fare to Suvarnaphumi is 269 Baht. This is grotesque! Cheap Charlys may use the green shared taxis which takes you out of town to the airport for 10 Baht. But you have to walk from there a couple of 100 meters. With bulky luggage no pleasure...

Is the reason for this idiotic change because they didn't want to pay the rental fee to the bus station?

This is just so idiotic. I  use the bus regularly, but this is downright stupid and doesn't serve the passenger needs. I will send an email to make my view clear, but that's like telling  the guy who just knifed me that I find the knife in my  back rather impolite.

The location is inconvenient as most of the bus pax are farang and they are staying in the hotels that run from 51 to Takaib. A quick look at the hotel map shows that is where  most of HH's hotels are.

On 1/12/2017 at 5:08 AM, khunano said:

And you get to pay an extra 50 baht for the  transaction.  You do the  data entry and pre payment work for them and pay them money for  doing that work. Usually it is the other way around where a prepayment order gets a discount. 

I guess I will need to look for another option. I just might consider the train back to BKK, I am so annoyed.

:sad:

PS. A quick visit to website  gives this;

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

They are really on a customer service roll.

Edited by geriatrickid

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.belltravelservice.com/public-bus/

Bell’s website is the official channel and sole provider in advance booking for RRC.
There are only 23 seats on VIP Bus. Therefore, advance booking is recommended and can be reserved via this website only.

Advance booking of all RRC bus via this website is subject to Online Booking Service Charge of 50 THB/person. This charge is to cover VAT and Bell operating cost for RRC. Bell does not make profit from this service but only want to facilitate our customers to be able to book in advance in order to guarantee that they will have seats on the bus.

Bus from Cha-am to BKK airport. Very nice seats, ride, low cost, ~10USD. Less than 3 hours..

GO to Bell webiste for schedule and order tickets in advance. Pay with credit card. Print voucher to give driver.

Hua Hin – Suvarnabhumi Airport (RRC)

Beware the Bell web site gives conflicting information on where pickup/drop off occurs in Cha-am.

IT IS NOT IN FRONT OF THE BANGKOK Bank. 

Instead it is down the street north about a block and across the street. It is front of the Government Savings Bank and is obviously a bus stop with benches, etc.  There are minivan stations immediately next to it. Don't look for a bank buildong though. It's actually behind the bus stop bench. It is under renovation/repair/whatever and the front is covered by scaffolding.

Boarding Location:

1. RRC Bus Station, next to Hua Hin Post Office (Secondary) near Hua Hin Airport (Starting from Jan 11th, 2017) 
  2. Bus Stop in front of Government Savings Bank at Cha-am intersection 
    (Only for customers who have a ticket, Confirmation email, and/or service voucher. Please wait at the bus stop 20-30 minutes after bus departure time if our Bus arrives and they see no customers, the driver will depart from that point. We are not liable for any consequences if you miss the Bus.)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is true that the new (and definitely not improved) station for buses to Suvarnabhumi Airport from Hua Hin has moved to an outlying site beyond the Hua Hin airport.  For those going by public transport, as another person has already posted, this is beyond the last stop of the "Green Bus" (rot songtaeo).  Taxis from my part of town (Khao Takiab) charge an exorbitant 300 baht to go to this new station, and they won't negotiate. 

But--since I travel very frequently--I have found an alternative:  if you are not taking too much luggage (for example, one large suitcase and a carry-on bag), you can take the bus to Bangkok run by Sombat Tours from the old bus station (soi 96/1) for just ฿155.  Buses depart at 9 am, 12 noon, and 3 pm every day.  You can't buy tickets online, though rumor has it that you can buy them by phone and pay at a 7-11 (I haven't tried this yet since I'm not sure how much English would be understood).  

But this bus is great:  a full-size, comfortable bus (luggage can be checked underneath), takes only 3 hours (4 if at peak times) to get to the dropoff point, which is just steps from the BTS (Mochit) and MRT (Jatujak) stations, and in my experience (several round trips) the drivers drive very safely.  From the dropoff point you can take the BTS--if you're going to the airport--to Phaya Thai, then get the Airport Rail Link to Suvarnabhumi.  Considerably less expensive all in all than paying 300 baht for a taxi plus 300+ baht for the bus to the airport (since buying online is the only option now with the station so far from the city center).  And it may even be faster.

Residents of my condo have registered their complaints about the new (very inconvenient) location with our building manager, and she has relayed them to the airport bus company.  Suggest you do the same.  If their profits drop (from passengers like me choosing alternative means) and complaints mount, maybe the company will finally listen up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My experience and some other friends is if you book and pay on line and do not have a printed (on paper) record you will have to pay again before boarding the bus.  So you can either make sure you get your hotel to printout your paid for ticket or use the printer they expect you are carrying in your hand luggage...they refused to acknowledge my booking but did so when I produced a printed booking receipt, they wanted me to pay again.  They gave me that solly, solly, solly, smugg smile and allowed me to board the bus 

.  I'm not the only one of my friends who have experienced this rip off.  Don't trust the online bookings unless you have a printer handy.  I don't think this is company policy but...TIT         SSSS

PS... I no longer book on line but I would like to.  I take my chances at BKK sometimes I have to wait for the next bus after the next one to go to Cha-am.  To BKK from Cha-am I go to Heu Hin I book and pay and get the ticket in my pocket  few days before.  This way they use my name and call out to make sure I'm waiting when the bus picks up at Cha-am.  This is good, the bus is lovely.

Edited by David Walden
left out phrase

• 2 weeks later...

When I'm in Europe & need a bus-ticket booking, my wife goes & buys the BKK-HH ticket from the bus station in HH, then takes a photo of the ticket on her phone & sends me it as a facebook message.. I simply print-off that photo before leaving so I have my proof of booking when I get to the desk at Swampy... Yes I've been in the queue at Swampy when Bell staff ask travellers to pay again! (Always have that proof with you).

My last bus ride from Swampy to HH was awful..I'm sure the driver was falling asleep! He came the whole way at about 70-80kph & kept driving right up behind the slow trucks..we arrived an hour late, & he only speeded up after Cha Am.

On 5/1/2017 at 8:20 AM, David Walden said:

My experience and some other friends is if you book and pay on line and do not have a printed (on paper) record you will have to pay again before boarding the bus.  So you can either make sure you get your hotel to printout your paid for ticket or use the printer they expect you are carrying in your hand luggage...they refused to acknowledge my booking but did so when I produced a printed booking receipt, they wanted me to pay again.  They gave me that solly, solly, solly, smugg smile and allowed me to board the bus 

.  I'm not the only one of my friends who have experienced this rip off.  Don't trust the online bookings unless you have a printer handy.  I don't think this is company policy but...TIT         SSSS

PS... I no longer book on line but I would like to.  I take my chances at BKK sometimes I have to wait for the next bus after the next one to go to Cha-am.  To BKK from Cha-am I go to Heu Hin I book and pay and get the ticket in my pocket  few days before.  This way they use my name and call out to make sure I'm waiting when the bus picks up at Cha-am.  This is good, the bus is lovely.

Further to my above comments  I can only heap praise on this service. THURSDAY 11/5/17 I caught a taxi  Hua Hin to Cha-am picking up just near the old bus Hue Hin bus station, from there to the new bus station it was exactly 30 mins, mongrel traffic.  In Bangkok all of the bus services to distant location are out of down town city location except Victory Square and that's a dogs dinner.

It's a pity people on this site who bag this service cannot see the bigger picture, some even expect personalized pick up an drop off to there 5 star hotel or back packers residence included for, what Bt 269.  "get a life".

I live Western Australia and spend 3 months at a time in Cha-am 3 months in Aus.  The fare from my country town 200 km to Perth International Airport  in a OK nice bus 59 seats you sit up straight, just the driver, no hostess Bt 50 for 500 mil water (free in Thai bus service), no traffic jam where I come from, exactly 3 hour trip.  Cost Bt 1650, more then 6 times as much in Aus for similar service and better!!! (same amount of fuel for these  the buses).  Come on you winging lot get your lousy bags out and give the poor buggers a go.  On a scale of 10 you would have to give these people 11 out of 10.  They always leave on time but Bangkok Traffic is the biggest Enemy.

The new Hua Hin bus terminal is just lovely, nice seating, nice friendly staff, nice coffee shop if you have to wait a while.  Catch a mini bus service to the terminal for 25 Bt or the old banger red bus for Bt 15 if your to lousy to get a taxi or shuttle, yes I believe in giving credit where it is due so I'm thinking about making it 12 out of 10.  This bus company needs to be congratulated...not bagged.

PS,,, finally I take back what I said about booking on line.  Provided you have the booking number from the internet, YOUR NAME WILL NOT BE ANY USE. you will be able to get on the bus (figures TIT).  YES YOU MUST HAVE THE BOOKING NUMBER.

David I regularly use this service to the airport and to Pattaya. I live in Cha Am so the move has not affected me at all. I have never had any issues with booking online. I have the conformation on my phone and that always worked.

Where the service really excelled was when we were going back to the UK in December. We boarded with another couple at Cha Am and the attendant was only expecting two people to board. They took our bags and we went to take our seats, they were already taken. No problem I thought there was room at the back. About 10 minutes into the journey the attendant came to see us and asked to see our confirmation. She pointed out my stupid error. I had booked for exactly one month in advance 18th January rather than December. She got on the phone to the office, explained the problem. I was expecting to have to buy new seats. She came off the phone said everything was fine, we didn't even get charged a fee for changing the tickets.

Great customer service in my book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But it's only till the end of January. Then they really start fleecing punters.

Cuchulainn I was at the station today and the free minibus is still running. They also have a hotel service for 100baht.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2017 at 9:13 PM, wigan said:

Does this mean they run a free shuttle bus from depot to clock tower, and visa versa?

if so how often?

definitely they have from bus station to clock tower as I did it yesterday June 2 but don't know the other way

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2017 at 9:50 PM, AndyOz said:

David I regularly use this service to the airport and to Pattaya. I live in Cha Am so the move has not affected me at all. I have never had any issues with booking online. I have the conformation on my phone and that always worked.

Where the service really excelled was when we were going back to the UK in December. We boarded with another couple at Cha Am and the attendant was only expecting two people to board. They took our bags and we went to take our seats, they were already taken. No problem I thought there was room at the back. About 10 minutes into the journey the attendant came to see us and asked to see our confirmation. She pointed out my stupid error. I had booked for exactly one month in advance 18th January rather than December. She got on the phone to the office, explained the problem. I was expecting to have to buy new seats. She came off the phone said everything was fine, we didn't even get charged a fee for changing the tickets.

Great customer service in my book.

AndyOZ...I in Aus at present my next trip back to Cha-am I may bump into you...should be in October having some medical treatment (free)...regards