Complete car wash and cleaning?

markcm19

I've acquired a second hand vehicle, never had a car before here. It's really dirty inside and out, an old SUV. I would like to get it cleaned nicely,  carpets, seats, exterior, engine. What will this cost and is there any place that does a solid job? Cheers

Prices range from 120 baht to 5000 plus.. 

A quick inside outside wipe over is max a few 100b but real valeting, steam cleaning, clay blocking actually gets expensive fast and doesnt come close to the kind of paint restoration that I get in the west. I would stick to the cheap end unless you have specific brightwork or interior stains that need addressing. 

5 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Prices range from 120 baht to 5000 plus.. 

A quick inside outside wipe over is max a few 100b but real valeting, steam cleaning, clay blocking actually gets expensive fast and doesnt come close to the kind of paint restoration that I get in the west. I would stick to the cheap end unless you have specific brightwork or interior stains that need addressing. 

I tried go to a quite "fancy" detailing shop @ nimman area to get seats cleaned after some stains. after 10 minutes, i gave up, other than the price was 3k, i had no idea what work they would have done. no English spoken and im not sure any thai as well... or at least very little.

Im still looking for a detailing shop which are reasonable. It seems like its either the wash in/out for 100-200 baht for a clean for thousends of baht.

After having every nook and cranny in my motorcycle filled and covered with a thick layer of bitumen and tar from the lousy road-resurfacing on the Samoeng Loop road, I took it to the detailing shop in the Nim City Plaza to get cleaned up.

(The shop is the first on the left after you pass the Rimping building.)

It took a crew of four men working three and a half hours to do the job, but it looked factory-new both outside and inside under the seat when they finished. I don't know what the product is that they used to finish it with, but now even dust doesn't stick to the bike!

There is a 'menu board' on the wall describing (in English) the various services they offer, and the costs for each.

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

shop in the Nim City Plaza to get cleaned up.

(The shop is the first on the left after you pass the Rimping building.)

is the nim city plaza that collection of shops opposite far eastern uni, heading towards Central airport?

18 hours ago, roo860 said:

I use the one on the canal road, 100mtrs past the the Ibis hotel, next door the Oak tree restaurant, heading for 700yr stadium.
150Baht inside and out. If it's a big job get an estimate first. Used him for a few years

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Can you see this place from the road? I know the area but never seen a car wash there.

It such a competitive market and prices are pretty much the same all over.We bought 10 x 100 baht vouchers from Car Spa next to Nics Restaurant, on the road to the Night Safari from Hang Dong Rd The 100 baht covers wash ,full vacuum and clean  inside, tyre black . We would have to pay 5,000 b just for a decent vacuum so suits us.

Thats way south of town.There's a nice coffee shop with decent food and wi fi on site and we have never waited more than 40 minutes

On 01/12/2017 at 5:23 PM, roo860 said:

I use the one on the canal road, 100mtrs past the the Ibis hotel, next door the Oak tree restaurant, heading for 700yr stadium.
150Baht inside and out. If it's a big job get an estimate first. Used him for a few years

Just got quoted 2300 for fI'll cleaning and wash here. Basic cleaning including engine is 350.

On 01/19/2017 at 0:33 PM, Bill97 said:

200 basic clean 4 door pick-up, just done, did not bargain

Are you making it up or just one of those people who gets high prices?

Yep I came back and aanswered your question  , which was 50 baht different, with malicious intentions. I probably have a larger vehicle than you do. Get real.

• 1 month later...

Lizard, or anyone else still looking at this thread, can you suggest any places near Big C or Central Festival.  My car is filthy and I think I should have it cleaned before giving it back to my brother in law in BKK.  Thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2017 at 5:23 PM, roo860 said:

Eventually tried this place yesterday. 180 baht for a hatchback. Think I'll stick to my usual place.

Eventually tried this place yesterday. 180 baht for a hatchback. Think I'll stick to my usual place.

Never been charged more than 150bt, but we are regulars there, also when he had different premises. We have a Yaris, so I consider it a fair price. Also it's just down the road.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived